ANA’s new first and business class suites arrives to New York in November
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japanese carrier All Nippon Airways will launch its revamped Boeing 777-300ER on the Tokyo-New York route starting Nov. 8, 2019. According to the airline, the first flight from Tokyo will be NH110 Tokyo (HND) – New York (JFK) while the first out of New York will be NH9 New York – Tokyo (NRT).
ANA made waves earlier this summer when it launched new business and first-class products, called “The Room” and “The Suite.” In The Room business class, you can expect alternating front-facing and rear-facing wide seats with a closing door to make it into a suite. The Suite features a fully enclosed suite with a 43-inch monitor with a 4K display. Both products have fully enclosed doors.
It’s a much-needed improvement from the previous 777 product, which featured the impeccable service ANA is known, for but was severely lacking with an out-of-date entertainment system and old seat. ANA’s first class was criticized for window seats that obscured most of the window views.
The first retrofitted Boeing 777-300ER with the updated premium cabin products already serves the Tokyo (HND) to London (LHR) route. That was first introduced on Aug. 2 on flights NH211 and NH212. ANA said it planned to bring the redesigned Boeing 777-300ER to the Tokyo/Haneda-Frankfurt in the winter schedule.
One-way flights from New York to Tokyo with ANA will cost you 80,000 United miles in business class or 110,000 United miles one-way in first class. Keep in mind that some of the other Star Alliance programs may offer you better value, such as Avianca’s LifeMiles. You could also use Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, which starts at just 90,000 miles for a first-class round-trip ticket from Honolulu (HNL) to Japan or 110,000 miles from the contiguous states.
Featured image courtesy of ANA
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees