ANA Will Fly Its New First and Business Class Suites to New York
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japanese carrier All Nippon Airways is set to fly its brand new business- and first-class products to both New York and Frankfurt. On Wednesday, ANA announced the two routes would get its new premium products. They were originally unveiled in July and look to be a huge improvement over the carrier’s existing products — called “The Room” and “The Suite” for business and first, respectively.
Beginning in winter 2019, ANA will deploy a retrofitted 777 with the new products on the Tokyo (HND/NRT) to New York (JFK) route, followed by the carrier’s route between Tokyo (HND) and Frankfurt (FRA).
In The Room business class, you can expect alternating front-facing and rear-facing wide seats with a closing door to make it into a suite. ANA says that the seats are twice as wide as the current business-class product.
Meanwhile in The Suite, passengers can also expect a suite experience, with ANA having worked out some of the flaws — such as obscured window views — that travelers noticed in the previous version of the cabin. There will be a 43-inch monitor with 4K display.
Notable, both The Room and The Suite are suite products with fully closing doors.
You can watch a video of all of the cabins here:
The first retrofitted Boeing 777-300ER with the updated premium cabin products is already serving the Tokyo (HND) to London (LHR) route. The product was first introduced on Aug. 2 on flights NH211 and NH212.
We don’t know the first dates that the retrofitted ANA 777 will take flight for both New York and Frankfurt, though we do know that the New York route will get the product beginning in winter 2019.
The updated cabin will be a huge update for ANA and New York-based flyers on the route to Tokyo. One-way flights from New York to Tokyo with ANA will cost you 80,000 United miles in business class or 110,000 United miles one-way in first class. Keep in mind that some of the other Star Alliance programs may offer you better value, such as Avianca’s LifeMiles
Featured photo courtesy of ANA.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees