Free lounge access for select Amtrak credit cardholders this summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Planning a great American rail adventure this summer? Or, perhaps just a regional hop on Amtrak? You might be able to get into one of the rail operator’s lounges, even if you don’t usually have access.
Because you are a valued Amtrak Guest Rewards® Mastercard® cardholder, we invite you to use our Amtrak® lounges if you need to travel with us. We are extending lounge access to all World Mastercard® cardholders through August 31, 2020. When you arrive, simply show the lounge attendant your Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® and your same-day Amtrak reservation for entry.
While Amtrak’s lounges have remained open during the pandemic, attendance has likely declined dramatically, following drastic cuts in service.
Amtrak currently operates lounges in Boston (South Station), Chicago (Union Station), Los Angeles (Union Station), New York (ClubAcela), Philadelphia (Metropolitan Lounge), Portland, OR (Metropolitan Lounge) and Washington, D.C. (ClubAcela).
With limited exceptions, these spaces can be especially dated, though you can usually score a free coffee or soda and small bags of packaged snacks, along with free Wi-Fi. Amtrak has unveiled plans for a much-improved lounge in New York, but it certainly won’t be open in time to visit as part of this promotion.
Ordinarily, access is limited to the following customers with a same-day Amtrak ticket:
- Amtrak Select Plus and Select Executive elites
- First class or sleeping car passengers
- Business-class passengers in Chicago, Los Angeles or Portland
- Private car owners and their groups (except Los Angeles)
- United Club members (including customers with the United Club℠ Infinite Card)
- United Polaris business-class passengers in Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.
If you do plan to ride the rails this summer, Amtrak’s latest cardholder promotion could certainly be worth a look.
Featured photo courtesy of Amtrak.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.