Free lounge access for select Amtrak credit cardholders this summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Planning a great American rail adventure this summer? Or, perhaps just a regional hop on Amtrak? You might be able to get into one of the rail operator’s lounges, even if you don’t usually have access.
Because you are a valued Amtrak Guest Rewards® Mastercard® cardholder, we invite you to use our Amtrak® lounges if you need to travel with us. We are extending lounge access to all World Mastercard® cardholders through August 31, 2020. When you arrive, simply show the lounge attendant your Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard® and your same-day Amtrak reservation for entry.
While Amtrak’s lounges have remained open during the pandemic, attendance has likely declined dramatically, following drastic cuts in service.
Amtrak currently operates lounges in Boston (South Station), Chicago (Union Station), Los Angeles (Union Station), New York (ClubAcela), Philadelphia (Metropolitan Lounge), Portland, OR (Metropolitan Lounge) and Washington, D.C. (ClubAcela).
With limited exceptions, these spaces can be especially dated, though you can usually score a free coffee or soda and small bags of packaged snacks, along with free Wi-Fi. Amtrak has unveiled plans for a much-improved lounge in New York, but it certainly won’t be open in time to visit as part of this promotion.
Ordinarily, access is limited to the following customers with a same-day Amtrak ticket:
- Amtrak Select Plus and Select Executive elites
- First class or sleeping car passengers
- Business-class passengers in Chicago, Los Angeles or Portland
- Private car owners and their groups (except Los Angeles)
- United Club members (including customers with the United Club Infinite Card)
- United Polaris business-class passengers in Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.
If you do plan to ride the rails this summer, Amtrak’s latest cardholder promotion could certainly be worth a look.
Featured photo courtesy of Amtrak.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees