This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Prime Day has come and gone, but Amex Offers can keep the savings rolling with some promotions at electronics stores. Many American Express cardholders have reported that they’ve been targeted for deep discounts at major electronic retailers through the Amex Offers program.
We’re seeing an offer from Best Buy where you’ll get 2,500 Membership Rewards points after spending at least $250 in-store or online before September 15. 2,500 MRs are worth $50, according to TPG’s most recent valuations.
TPG Associate Editor Brendan Dorsey noticed the offer on The Platinum Card® from American Express. Points & Miles Editor Nick Ewen got the same offer, but was also targeted for another Best Buy deal, which offers one extra point for every dollar spent before October 31.
We also see other offers for HP and Dell. For the HP offer, you’ll get $50 back after spending $250, and one additional point for every dollar spent at Dell.
Don’t need any gadgets or gizmos but still want to take advantage of the savings? Both Staples and Best Buy sell gift cards to dozens of third-party retailers like Delta Air Lines, Hotels.com, Starbucks, eBay and more.
As you’ll find with any Amex Offer, the usual restrictions apply. Any of the above can only be added to one card per account holder, so you’ll want to check all of your cards to select the one that offers the best return on the purchase. And these are targeted offers, so you may not see them at all. If you do, I’d encourage you to add them right away, since these tend to have limited enrollment and may disappear before the expiration date.
Related: Your Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers
If you don’t have an American Express card and don’t want to miss out on future offers like this, consider adding The Platinum Card® from American Express to your wallet, as it’s offering a welcome bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months. However, you might be eligible for an Amex Platinum 100k points bonus offer using the CardMatch Tool (offer subject to change at any time).
You’ll also receive 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel and 5x points on prepaid hotels booked on Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors, so your stays could be even more rewarding.. As a Platinum cardholder, you’ll also receive complimentary Gold status with both
If the Platinum card’s annual fee (See Rates & Fees) is too much to swallow, check out our guide on how to choose the best American Express Card for you.
Editor’s Note: This is The Points Guy’s permanent page for Amex Offers at electronic stores. It will be updated as new ones are released.
For rates and fees of the Platinum Card, please click here.
Featured photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees