Earn statement credits, bonus points with new Amex Offers at select Hilton brands
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have a hotel stay coming up over the next few months and hold an American Express card, listen up: You may be able to save some serious cash or take home a solid haul of bonus points on your next trip. Many American Express cardholders have reported they’ve been targeted for even more deep discounts at major hotel chains through the Amex Offers program.
Tru by Hilton
One of Hilton Honors’ newest brands is Tru, and even though it only launched in 2016, the current slate of properties numbers over 100 in 34 states (plus a single location in Canada). If you’re taking a trip to one of these locations in the first quarter of 2020, you could take home a nice haul of bonus points. TPG Senior Editor Nick Ewen noticed an offer on his Platinum Card® from American Express this morning, giving him the chance to earn 3,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $150 from Jan. 13, 2020 through Mar. 31, 2020.
Based on TPG’s valuations, this bonus is worth $60, so if you hit $150 on the nose, that’s an additional return of 40%. Just note that the terms and conditions indicate that you must book at trubyhilton.com or via the Hilton Honors app, and it’s a one-time bonus (as opposed to cumulative purchases through the end of March).
Hilton hotels in Puerto Rico and Mexico
If your travel plans include a visit to Puerto Rico or Mexico, we’re seeing solid offers on trips to Hilton-branded properties. For Puerto Rico, if you spend $350 or more on rate and room charges by Mar. 31, 2020, you’ll take home a one-time bonus of 6,000 Membership Rewards points — a haul worth $120 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
Meanwhile, Hilton-branded locations in Mexico are offering $75 back when you spend $500 or more through Mar. 31, 2020.
Like most of these offers, you must book directly at Hilton.com or via the Hilton Honors app, and the usual exclusions apply (e.g. advance purchase rates, non-refundable rates, etc.).
These new offers are in addition to existing ones that have been around for weeks (or even months), including the following:
Hilton hotels in the United Kingdom
There’s still an Amex offer for Hilton brand hotels in the United Kingdom. You’ll receive a $50 statement credit after spending $250 or more from now until January 31, 2020. I saw this offer on the newly refreshed American Express® Green Card, which now offers 3x points on travel, which includes hotels.
Like the others mentioned above, the offer is only available by booking directly and excludes advance purchase rates.
Omni Hotels & Resorts Amex Offer
Another ongoing offer is for anyone looking to stay at Omni Hotels & Resorts, where you can receive a $50 statement credit on a $250 or more hotel stay through March 2, 2020.
To be eligible for this offer, you must book directly with Omni for hotels and resorts in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. If your total stay is less than $250, make sure to charge all additional incidentals to your room, such as dining at the restaurant or room service.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees