Amex cardholders can save up to $1,000 on their next Emirates flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Emirates is repeating a popular deal it ran earlier in July where you can get up to $1,000 off round-trip flights departing the U.S. by using the promotion code USAMX19 and paying with an American Express card.
You’ll save $75 on round-trip economy fares, $500 on round-trip business class fares and $1,000 on round-trip first class fares from the U.S. to airports Emirates serves. The qualifying airports are:
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)
- Ft. Lauderdale (FLL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York City (JFK and EWR)
- Orlando (MCO)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Washington (IAD)
The website says Business Saver fares are excluded, but we were able to find routes where business saver fares received the discount, as you’ll see below. You won’t be able to combine this offer with any other Emirates offers and you’ll need to book before Dec. 31, 2019, and travel before April 30, 2020. Lastly, you must use your American Express card to book the flight.
Note that the best savings are found in Emirates’ business and first-class fares, though there are some decent savings in the “Saver” option. You won’t be able to apply the discount to Emirates’ “Special” fares — the cheapest option — however. It’s easy to tell which fares the discount code applies too because there will be a yellow star next to the price.
Both we found it harder to use the code for savings on economy flights, so unless you can pay cash for the business or first class flights, you may be better off booking with points.
To search, head directly to Emirates’ website and enter your origin and destination cities and the promo code USAMX19. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: JFK/EWR/IAD/BOS/IAH/DFW/ORD/LAX/SFO/SEA/MCO/FLL – Worldwide
Travel Dates: Now through April 30, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline)
Here are a few examples of what you can book: the
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Cairo (CAI) for $793 round-trip in economy:
San Fransisco (SFO) to Dubai (DXB) for $1,166 round-trip in economy:
New York (JFK) to Male (MLE) for $4,656 round-trip in business:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Mumbai (BOM) for $3,139 round-trip in business:
Chicago (ORD) to Bangkok (BKK) for 8,227 round-trip in first:
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy
Additional reporting by Jason Stauffer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees