This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While Emirates is known as one of the best airlines in the world, it’s not synonymous with cheap fares. However, American Express cardholders will be able to save a bit of cash on their next flight with the airline.
Now, any Amex cardmember can receive exclusive discounts on Emirates flights, up to $1,000 off fares. It appears that you can receive the discount if you pay with any American Express card.
The discount is broken down like so:
- $50 off Economy Class fares
- $300 off Business Class fares
- $1,000 off First Class fares
To receive the discount, use the promotion code EKAMEX2 at Emirates.com and book by December 31. You’ll have to depart from any of Emirates’ US gateways for travel between now and May 31, 2019 — however you can travel to anywhere in Emirates’ network. Both one-way and round-trip flights are eligible for the promotion.
Emirates flies nonstop from: New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Washington DC (IAD), Boston (BOS), Houston (IAH), Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Orlando (MCO) and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Dubai (DXB) with either Airbus A380s or Boeing 777s.
While you only save $50 on an economy fare, you can get the discount for up to nine people per booking, and the code can be used an unlimited amount of times before December 31. Emirates does say that the discount is not applicable to “Business Saver” fares. If you’re interested in booking an Emirates flight with miles, check out our guide here.
You’ll truly be maximizing the deal if you can buy a paid first-class ticket, but that’s going to cost you a pretty penny. Unfortunately Emirates hasn’t placed any of its 777s with the new first class on US routes, so you’ll be flying its older product — which is still stellar and includes a shower on the A380. If you are booking a paid premium class ticket, it could be worth checking out Amex’s International Airline Program, which offers exclusive fares on paid first, business and premium economy itineraries.
Since you have to pay with an Amex, your best bet is to use a card like The Platinum Card® from American Express, which earns 5x points on airfare purchases when booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel. or the American Express® Gold Card, which earns 3x points on airfare when booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel.
Featured image by the Diamond Brothers / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees