Amex cardholders can save up to $1,000 on their next Emirates flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Emirates is repeating a popular deal it ran earlier in July where you can get up to $1,000 off round-trip flights departing the U.S. by using the promotion code USAMX19 and paying with an American Express card.
You’ll save $75 on round-trip economy fares, $500 on round-trip business class fares and $1,000 on round-trip first class fares from the U.S. to airports Emirates serves. The qualifying airports are:
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)
- Ft. Lauderdale (FLL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York City (JFK and EWR)
- Orlando (MCO)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Washington (IAD)
The website says Business Saver fares are excluded, but we were able to find routes where business saver fares received the discount, as you’ll see below. You won’t be able to combine this offer with any other Emirates offers and you’ll need to book before Dec. 31, 2019, and travel before April 30, 2020. Lastly, you must use your American Express card to book the flight.
Note that the best savings are found in Emirates’ business and first-class fares, though there are some decent savings in the “Saver” option. You won’t be able to apply the discount to Emirates’ “Special” fares — the cheapest option — however. It’s easy to tell which fares the discount code applies too because there will be a yellow star next to the price.
Both we found it harder to use the code for savings on economy flights, so unless you can pay cash for the business or first class flights, you may be better off booking with points.
To search, head directly to Emirates’ website and enter your origin and destination cities and the promo code USAMX19. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: JFK/EWR/IAD/BOS/IAH/DFW/ORD/LAX/SFO/SEA/MCO/FLL – Worldwide
Travel Dates: Now through April 30, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline)
Here are a few examples of what you can book: the
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Cairo (CAI) for $793 round-trip in economy:
San Fransisco (SFO) to Dubai (DXB) for $1,166 round-trip in economy:
New York (JFK) to Male (MLE) for $4,656 round-trip in business:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Mumbai (BOM) for $3,139 round-trip in business:
Chicago (ORD) to Bangkok (BKK) for 8,227 round-trip in first:
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy
Additional reporting by Jason Stauffer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees