NEW Amex Business Platinum Offer: 75,000-point welcome bonus, lower spending requirement
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the best business credit cards on the market is The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, due to its unparalleled travel perks and premium benefits. These benefits can make the card an excellent fit for business owners — especially those who frequently travel and charge thousands of dollars of monthly business expenses to their cards. Plus, since it’s a business charge card it sits on your business credit line instead of your personal credit report and gives you substantial purchasing power. If you’ve been considering whether to add the Business Platinum Card to your wallet, now is the time to take advantage of a welcome bonus worth $1,500.
The Amex Business Platinum welcome bonus
To get the entire bonus of 75,000 Membership Rewards points, your business will have to put a large amount of spending on the card in a short period of time. The 75,000-point bonus requires spending $15,000 within three months of account opening. Obviously, $15,000 is not an insignificant amount for most individuals, but for a small business it’s entirely feasible to have that or much more in expenses over the course of three months. It’s also $5,000 less than the previous spending requirement, so the bonus is now more attainable than before.
You may be wondering what 75,000 points actually amounts to in rewards. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, 75,000 Membership Rewards points are worth $1,500 in travel, which is an extremely lucrative bonus. You can get much more value than that by using points for premium award redemptions, once travel is back on the table.
Can I get an Amex Business Platinum card if I already have the personal version?
The great thing about this elevated welcome bonus is that the personal and business versions of the Amex Platinum are considered different products. So if you already got the welcome bonus on The Platinum Card® from American Express, Amex’s one-bonus-per-card-per-lifetime rule won’t restrict you from getting this 75,000-point bonus as well.
Amex Business Platinum benefits
But the welcome bonus is only part of the card’s appeal. The Business Platinum also offers access to many of the same popular perks as the personal version Specifically, both cards include the following benefits:
- Up to $200 airline fee credit each year
- Access to Centurion Lounges
- Access to Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta)
- Priority Pass membership with two free guests (not valid for non-lounge experiences, such as restaurants)
- Access to other lounges in the American Express Global Lounge Collection
- Global Entry application credit every four years or TSA PreCheck application credit every 4.5 years (up to $100)
- Gold elite status with Hilton Honors
- Gold elite status with Marriott Bonvoy
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and The Hotel Collection
- Access to the Cruise Privileges Program
- Access to the International Airline Program
- Upgrade with Points to request an airline ticket upgrade on select airlines
- 24-hour access to the American Express Concierge
- 5 points per dollar spent on flights and prepaid hotels booked through Amex Travel (both must be booked through Amex Travel on the Business Platinum)
- Extended warranty protection and purchase protection
- Baggage insurance plan for lost baggage and access to American Express Premium Car Rental Insurance
- Terms Apply
In addition, the business version of the Platinum card comes with some benefits that aren’t available on the personal card:
- 1.5x points on purchases of $5,000 or more (up to 1,000,000 additional points per year)
- A 35% rebate when you Pay With Points for a first or business class ticket on any airline, or an economy ticket on one airline of your choice (up to 500,000 points per year)
- Up to $200 in annual statement credits for Dell technology U.S. purchases, split into a $100 credit for January through June and another $100 credit for July through December
- Terms Apply
The Business Platinum Card from American Express, does have a $595 annual fee (see rates & fees), but if you maximize the annual $200 airline fee credit and $200 Dell credit, you’ll effectively pay a net cost of only $195 a year for the card. Factor in the Global Entry/TSA Precheck credit along with lounge access benefits and this card can definitely be worth it.
At practically any airport in the world, this is the card that will get you into a lounge. At Hilton and Marriott hotels, this is the card that will get you elite status. And in the air, this is the card that will get you internet access. There is, quite frankly, no other credit card on the market with as many travel benefits as this one and this welcome bonus is a solid one.
Don’t miss out on this bonus! Here’s the official application link: The Business Platinum Card from American Express with up to a 75,000-point welcome bonus.
Additional reporting by Madison Blancaflor. Featured image by Isabelle Raphael/The Points Guy.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, please click here.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive an up to $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees