Amex Business Platinum now available with an elevated 100,000-point bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
APPLY HERE: The Business Platinum® Card from American Express with a tiered 100,000-point bonus.
One of the best business credit cards on the market is The Business Platinum® Card from American Express, due to its unparalleled travel perks and premium benefits. These benefits can make the card an excellent fit for business people — especially those who frequently travel and charge thousands of dollars of monthly business expenses to their cards. Plus, since it’s a business charge card, it sits on your business credit line and gives you substantial purchasing power.
If you’ve been considering whether to add the Business Platinum Card to your wallet, the card’s new limited-time increased welcome bonus of up to 100,000 Membership Rewards points may finally encourage you to do so. This limited time offer will end on December 4, 2019.
To get the entire bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points, your business will have to put a large amount of spending on the card in a short period of time. But, based on TPG’s most recent monthly valuations, 100,000 Membership Rewards points are worth $2,000 in travel, which is an extremely lucrative bonus and potentially worth the high spending levels.
The 100,000-point bonus comes in two tiers — here’s how it breaks down:
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months of card membership
- Earn another 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 on qualifying purchases, also in the first 3 months of card membership
That means to get the entire 100,000-point welcome bonus, you’ll need to spend a total of $25,000 in 3 months. Obviously, that’s not an insignificant amount for most individuals, but for a small business — remember, this is a business card — it’s entirely feasible to have that or much more in expenses over the course of three months. So, applying for the Business Platinum Card during this limited time offer could absolutely be worth it.
Another advantage of this elevated welcome bonus is that the personal and business versions of the Amex Platinum are considered different products by Amex. So if you already got the welcome bonus on the personal Platinum, Amex’s one-bonus-per-card-per-lifetime rule won’t restrict you from getting this 100,000-point bonus as well.
But the welcome bonus is only part of the card’s appeal. The Business Platinum also offers access to many of the same popular perks as the personal version, The Platinum Card® from American Express. Specifically, both cards include the following perks:
- Up to $200 airline fee credit each year
- Access to Centurion Lounges
- Access to Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta)
- Priority Pass membership with two free guests (not valid for non-lounge experiences, such as restaurants)
- Access to other lounges in the American Express Global Lounge Collection
- Global Entry application credit every four years or TSA PreCheck application credit every 4.5 years (up to $100)
- Gold elite status with Hilton Honors
- Gold elite status with Marriott Bonvoy
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and The Hotel Collection
- Access to the Cruse Privileges Program
- Access to the International Airline Program
- Upgrade with Points to request an airline ticket upgrade on select airlines
- 24-hour access to the American Express Concierge
- 5 points per dollar spent on flights and prepaid hotels (both must be booked through Amex Travel on the Business Platinum)
- Extended warranty protection and purchase protection
- Baggage insurance plan for lost baggage and access to American Express Premium Car Rental Insurance
- Terms Apply
In addition, the business version of the Platinum card comes with some benefits that aren’t available on the personal card:
- 10 free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes annually
- 1.5x points on purchases of $5,000 or more (up to 1,000,000 additional points per year)
- A 35% rebate when you Pay With Points for a first or business class ticket on any airline, or an economy ticket on one airline of your choice (up to 500,000 points per year)
- A complimentary year of Platinum Global Access with WeWork (enroll by 12/31/2019)
- Up to $200 in annual statement credits for Dell technology purchases, split into a $100 credit for January through June and another $100 credit for July through December
- Terms Apply
The Business Platinum has a $595 annual fee (see rates & fees), but if you maximize the annual up to $200 airline fee credit and the annual up to $200 Dell credit, you’ll effectively pay a net of only $195 a year for the card.
For that price, this is the card you want to have with you if you travel regularly. At practically any airport in the world, this is the card that will get you into a lounge. At Hilton and Marriott hotels, this is the card that will get you elite status. And in the air, this is the card that will get you onto the internet. There is, quite frankly, no other credit card on the market with as many travel benefits as this one, and this is as high as the welcome bonus gets on this card. So if you’ve been waiting for the best bonus, now’s the time to grab it.
Ready to apply? Here’s the official application link: The Business Platinum® Card from American Express with up to a 100,000-point welcome bonus.
Featured image by Isabelle Raphael/The Points Guy.
Aside from the up to 100,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees