American Express Adds New ‘Off Menu Week’ Benefit for Cardmembers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express, which acquired OpenTable competitor Resy in May, has launched a new endeavor available to all American Express cardholders. Called ‘Off Menu Week,’ the service aims to provide members with exclusive dining opportunities in big cities across the US. Similar to Restaurant Week, in which higher-end restaurants offer prix fixe menus at discounted prices, Off Menu Week will bring brand new menus for a single week to some of the country’s hottest restaurants.
For Amex cardmembers, reservations to these restaurants will open a full 72 hours prior to the public, giving a head start to those looking to book. The next of these events is in New York, at Tetsu and other participating restaurants, with reservations opening on August 19:
NEW YORK CITY
SEPTEMBER 16 – 22: American Express Presale begins August 19 at 9am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin August 22 at 9am ET via Resy.
Other events for the year include Chicago and Austin:
OCTOBER 21 – 27: American Express Presale begins September 19 at 9am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin September 23 at 9am ET via Resy.
DECEMBER 9 – 15: American Express Presale begins November 7 at 9am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin November 11 at 9am ET via Resy.
This is a nice benefit for Amex cardholders, especially as it isn’t limited to those carrying some of its more premium cards. So whether you’ve got The Platinum Card® From American Express or the no annual fee American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card (see rates & fees), this is one benefit you can take advantage of. Enrollment required for select benefits.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Feature photo courtesy of Testu
For rates and fees of the Amex Blue Business Cash card, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees