American Express Adds New ‘Off Menu Week’ Benefit for Cardmembers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express, which acquired OpenTable competitor Resy in May, has launched a new endeavor available to all American Express cardholders. Called ‘Off Menu Week,’ the service aims to provide members with exclusive dining opportunities in big cities across the US. Similar to Restaurant Week, in which higher-end restaurants offer prix fixe menus at discounted prices, Off Menu Week will bring brand new menus for a single week to some of the country’s hottest restaurants.
For Amex cardmembers, reservations to these restaurants will open a full 72 hours prior to the public, giving a head start to those looking to book. The next of these events is in New York, at Tetsu and other participating restaurants, with reservations opening on August 19:
NEW YORK CITY
SEPTEMBER 16 – 22: American Express Presale begins August 19 at 9am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin August 22 at 9am ET via Resy.
Other events for the year include Chicago and Austin:
OCTOBER 21 – 27: American Express Presale begins September 19 at 9am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin September 23 at 9am ET via Resy.
DECEMBER 9 – 15: American Express Presale begins November 7 at 9am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin November 11 at 9am ET via Resy.
This is a nice benefit for Amex cardholders, especially as it isn’t limited to those carrying some of its more premium cards. So whether you’ve got The Platinum Card® From American Express or the no annual fee American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card (see rates & fees), this is one benefit you can take advantage of.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Feature photo courtesy of Testu
For rates and fees of the Amex Blue Business Cash card, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.