This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s what you need to know.
With this promotion, you will receive 1,500 Amex Membership Rewards points after spending just $75 on Amazon purchases from September 6 – November 15. TPG values MR points at 2 cents each, making this promotion worth $30. Not a bad way to easily score points.
What’s great about this deal is that you can buy nearly anything from Amazon.com to get the points, and Amazon sells just about everything under the sun. Note that while corporate gift cards are excluded, third-party gift cards appear to be eligible. If you don’t have anything to purchase from Amazon now, you can still nab a $75 gift card from retailers like Best Buy and Starbucks, or airlines like Southwest and Delta.
You should also be able to top up your Amazon balance with $75 or more which should trigger the offer. You can use that balance to buy products and services from Amazon, in addition to third-party gift cards.
Keep in mind that authorized users are also eligible to enroll on their own card for this offer. This means you can earn points across both cards and double or triple the amount of points you receive from this offer.
Some restrictions do apply. Specifically, this Amex Offer is only available at Amazon.com and does not include purchases made at Whole Foods. The promotion is not valid at Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon Business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive.
If you’re lucky, you can stack this with another recent Amex Offer we’ve seen where you’ll earn an earn two additional Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on Amazon purchases.
These points are in addition to the normal points you earn from your card, so most people will be earning 3x points per dollar on Amazon purchases. However, if you have The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, you’ll earn 4x points per dollar, since the card already earns 2x points on all purchases up to $50,000 per year (then 1x).
Note that you can earn a maximum of 1,500 bonus Amex points with this offer. In order to take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to check to see if you were targeted and then use your eligible card for purchases by September 30.
As you’ll find with any Amex Offer, the usual restrictions apply. Any of the above can only be added to one card per account holder, so you’ll want to check all of your cards to select the one that offers the best return on the purchase.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
If you don’t have an American Express card and don’t want to miss out on future offers like this, consider adding The Platinum Card® from American Express to your wallet, as it’s offering a welcome bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months. However, you might be eligible for an Amex Platinum 100k points bonus offer using the CardMatch Tool (offer subject to change at any time).
If the Platinum Card isn’t for you, check out our guide on choosing the best American Express card that suits your style.
For more on Amex Offers, Amazon and American Express cards, read:
- Your ultimate guide to Amex Offers
- Great deal: Get $30 off Amazon with just 1 Amex point
- Choosing the best American Express Card for you
- How to Get up to 5x Points on Amazon Purchases
Featured image courtesy of Leon Neal/AFP/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees