Great deal: Spend $75 at Amazon, Get 1,500 points with new Amex Offer
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Here’s what you need to know.
With this promotion, you will receive 1,500 Amex Membership Rewards points after spending just $75 on Amazon purchases from September 6 – November 15. TPG values MR points at 2 cents each, making this promotion worth $30. Not a bad way to easily score points.
What’s great about this deal is that you can buy nearly anything from Amazon.com to get the points, and Amazon sells just about everything under the sun. Note that while corporate gift cards are excluded, third-party gift cards appear to be eligible. If you don’t have anything to purchase from Amazon now, you can still nab a $75 gift card from retailers like Best Buy and Starbucks, or airlines like Southwest and Delta.
You should also be able to top up your Amazon balance with $75 or more which should trigger the offer. You can use that balance to buy products and services from Amazon, in addition to third-party gift cards.
Keep in mind that authorized users are also eligible to enroll on their own card for this offer. This means you can earn points across both cards and double or triple the amount of points you receive from this offer.
Some restrictions do apply. Specifically, this Amex Offer is only available at Amazon.com and does not include purchases made at Whole Foods. The promotion is not valid at Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon Business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive.
If you’re lucky, you can stack this with another recent Amex Offer we’ve seen where you’ll earn an earn two additional Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on Amazon purchases.
These points are in addition to the normal points you earn from your card, so most people will be earning 3x points per dollar on Amazon purchases. However, if you have The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, you’ll earn 4x points per dollar, since the card already earns 2x points on all purchases up to $50,000 per year (then 1x).
Note that you can earn a maximum of 1,500 bonus Amex points with this offer. In order to take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to check to see if you were targeted and then use your eligible card for purchases by September 30.
As you’ll find with any Amex Offer, the usual restrictions apply. Any of the above can only be added to one card per account holder, so you’ll want to check all of your cards to select the one that offers the best return on the purchase.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
If you don’t have an American Express card and don’t want to miss out on future offers like this, consider adding The Platinum Card® from American Express to your wallet, as it’s offering a welcome bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months. However, you might be eligible for an Amex Platinum 100k points bonus offer using the CardMatch Tool (offer subject to change at any time).
If the Platinum Card isn’t for you, check out our guide on choosing the best American Express card that suits your style.
For more on Amex Offers, Amazon and American Express cards, read:
- Your ultimate guide to Amex Offers
- Great deal: Get $30 off Amazon with just 1 Amex point
- Choosing the best American Express Card for you
- How to Get up to 5x Points on Amazon Purchases
Featured image courtesy of Leon Neal/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.