Allegiant adds 5 new routes in boost to Nashville and Florida
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Allegiant Air is adding five new routes to its schedule.
The routes — all seasonal — will grow the carrier’s presence at its Nashville base by adding three new destinations. Service to Des Moines, Iowa, begins Feb. 13 while flights to Appleton, Wisconsin, and Gulfport, Mississippi, start Feb. 15.
Allegiant’s schedule update also includes two new routes to its Florida focus cities.
The airline’s large base in Punta Gorda near Fort Myers gets a new nonstop route to Richmond, Virginia, while Sarasota-Bradenton lands nonstop service to Allentown in Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley.
“We’re excited to continue the phenomenal growth of 2019 by adding five new route options to the Allegiant network,” Drew Wells, Allegiant’s vice president of planning and revenue, said in a statement.
He noted the new routes would come “just in time for spring break and summer vacations.”
Allegiant is one of the nation’s fast-growing ultra low-cost carriers. Like other ULCCs, Allegiant is known for charging low base fares with fees for nearly everything else beyond boarding the aircraft.
What sets Allegiant apart from its competitors is its business model of offering nonstop flights from small and mid-size markets that would normally lack nonstop service to the leisure-oriented destinations that make up Allegiant’s focus cities.
While Allegiant has moved into bigger markets in recent years — including places like Baltimore, Cincinnati and Newark — Allegiant’s route map skews heavily toward markets like Minot, North Dakota; Grand Island, Nebraska; Ogdensburg, New York; and Provo, Utah, among others.
A full list of the five new routes Allegiant announced Tuesday is below.
Des Moines, Iowa (DSM): Two weekly flights begin Feb. 13. Seasonal service. Direct competition: None.
Appleton, Wisconsin (ATW): Two weekly flights begin Feb. 13. Seasonal service. Direct competition: None.
Gulfport/Biloxi, Mississippi (GPT): Two weekly flights begin Feb. 15. Seasonal service. Direct competition: None.
Punta Gorda, Florida (PGD)
Richmond, Virginia (RIC): Two weekly flights begin Feb. 13. Seasonal service. Direct competition: None.
Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida (SRQ)
Allentown, Pennsylvania (ABE): Two weekly flights begin Feb. 13. Seasonal service.Direct competition: None.
Featured photo courtesy of Allegiant.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees