Alaska Airlines status matches begin posting, upgrades and lounge passes included
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When we shared the news that Alaska Airlines was offering easy status matches for Delta, Southwest and United elites, I logged into my United MileagePlus account, grabbed a screenshot and submitted it via Alaska’s form right away.
As a United Premier 1K member, I was eligible for Alaska’s top-tier MVP Gold 75K, though the promo terms noted that it could take up to four weeks for my new status to post to my Mileage Plan account.
As it turned out, it only took a week. I submitted my request on Friday, Feb. 26, and my account was upgraded to MVP Gold 75K the following Saturday.
Best yet, my match included four Gold guest upgrade certificates, that I can share with family members and friends, plus four passes to access the Alaska Lounge. While my status expires on December 31, 2021, the upgrades and lounge passes are valid through December 31, 2022.
As an MVP Gold 75K elite, I’ll be eligible for unlimited space-available upgrades to first-class or Premium Class for me and a companion, free same-day confirmed flight changes, preferred seating and more. Plus, I’ll have access to a ton of top-notch partner perks once Alaska Airlines joins Oneworld at the end of this month.
If you’re eligible for Alaska’s latest status match, you’ll want to submit your request soon — the airline’s current promotion expires on April 15, 2021. Frequent flyers who aren’t currently a Delta, Southwest or United elite can apply for a status challenge, instead. We detail both programs right here.
Featured photo courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees