Alaska Airlines Unveils New ‘Captain Marvel’ Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines will now feature a rendering of Captain Marvel on one of its Boeing 737s.
The new, special-edition livery was introduced on Tuesday at Sea-Tac International Airport (SEA) to celebrate the March 8 debut of the new Captain Marvel film and International Women’s Day. Captain Marvel, which will star Academy Award winner Brie Larson, is the first female-lead superhero movie by Marvel Studios.
If you’re looking to catch a glimpse of the Marvel-ized Boeing 737-800, it will be traveling throughout the US via cross-country routes and flights to Hawaii. The aircraft is registered N531AS, and its next flights will operate between Bellingham, Washington (BLI) and Maui’s Kahului Airport (OGG) on Wednesday, according to tracking sight FlightRadar24.
If you happen to be a passenger aboard the aircraft seated over the wing — make sure to take a peek out of the window to see Captain Marvel’s cat, Goose.
“This new plane featuring Captain Marvel will delight guests of all ages,” said Natalie Bowman, Alaska Airlines’ managing director of marketing and advertising in a statement. “We’re excited to showcase a pilot who’s risen to Super Hero status––an image that embodies strength and confidence and inspires future aviators across our expansive network to go further.”
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.