Alaska Airlines Unveils New ‘Captain Marvel’ Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines will now feature a rendering of Captain Marvel on one of its Boeing 737s.
The new, special-edition livery was introduced on Tuesday at Sea-Tac International Airport (SEA) to celebrate the March 8 debut of the new Captain Marvel film and International Women’s Day. Captain Marvel, which will star Academy Award winner Brie Larson, is the first female-lead superhero movie by Marvel Studios.
If you’re looking to catch a glimpse of the Marvel-ized Boeing 737-800, it will be traveling throughout the US via cross-country routes and flights to Hawaii. The aircraft is registered N531AS, and its next flights will operate between Bellingham, Washington (BLI) and Maui’s Kahului Airport (OGG) on Wednesday, according to tracking sight FlightRadar24.
If you happen to be a passenger aboard the aircraft seated over the wing — make sure to take a peek out of the window to see Captain Marvel’s cat, Goose.
“This new plane featuring Captain Marvel will delight guests of all ages,” said Natalie Bowman, Alaska Airlines’ managing director of marketing and advertising in a statement. “We’re excited to showcase a pilot who’s risen to Super Hero status––an image that embodies strength and confidence and inspires future aviators across our expansive network to go further.”
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees