Airlines Can’t Turn You Away This Time: Popeye’s ‘Emotional Support Chicken’ Comes to Philly
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As passengers continue to test the limits of what qualifies as an emotional support animal (ESA) aboard a plane, Popeyes — a Louisiana based fast-casual fried chicken eatery — has offered a loophole that’s a surefire way to get around those new regulations and policies. Well, sort of.
Introducing the ‘Emotional Support Chicken.’ Exclusive to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), Popeye’s newest limited-time holiday promotion is offering customers a combo meal of three chicken tenders, fries and a biscuit for $8.49 all in a chicken-shaped paper box, that reads — you guessed it — emotional support chicken.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.