Inside Airbus’ posh new A220-100 private jet, ACJ TwoTwenty
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When Alberto Riva had a chance to experience Delta’s new Airbus A220, he declared it “love at first flight.” With a wide cabin, high-tech features, spacious seating and large windows, the aircraft formerly known as C Series has been a hit with passengers and airlines alike.
It’s certainly no surprise that the A220 has caught the eye of business jet operators, too. Airbus just received six orders for its fuel-efficient narrow-body plane, capable of flying 18 passengers some 6,500 miles with 25% lower fuel burn than similar previous-generation aircraft.
While most private jet customers travel in far smaller planes, such as the Gulfstream G500 and Embraer Phenom 300E models that I’ve had a chance to experience on demo flights, there are certainly more-spacious alternatives available. Crystal Skye can fly 88 guests all the way across the world in comfort, for example. And Emirates customers can charter a suite-filled Airbus A319.
The Airbus TwoTwenty falls between those relative behemoths and smaller corporate jets, offering amenities like private bedrooms, showers, lounges, lie-flat seating and more.
Customers can choose from a variety of high-tech features, including speedy connectivity and dimming windows, similar to those offered on Boeing’s Dreamliner.
The first ACJ TwoTwenty will be operated by Comlux Aviation, which expects to fly its new aircraft beginning in 2023. Comlux ordered a second TwoTwenty as well, with four other aircraft going to undisclosed buyers.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees