Air France’s new safety video will make you want to travel to France
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you can’t travel to France right now, the nation’s flag carrier is fulfilling the sense of wanderlust with its latest safety video.
Air France unveiled its new safety video on Wednesday, and it takes viewers on a trip across the country’s many famous backgrounds and attractions. Of course, all while telling passengers how to have a safe flight.
You can watch the entire safety video below:
The video, which was produced by French director and scriptwriter Romain Quirot, takes viewers from the steps of the Opéra Garnier to the gardens of the Palace of Versailles, to the French Riviera and beyond. With some added understated humor, the viewer will also see a smirking Mona Lisa in Paris’ Louvre Museum.
Interestingly, the video pays no note to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Passengers and crew in the video are not seen in masks, perhaps Air France noting a return to normalcy at some point in the next few months.
“With this new video, we are showcasing the best France has to offer in an emotionally engaging way,” Air France SVP of Customer Experience Catherine Villar said in a statement. “All our teams here at Air France are ready to welcome our customers and highlight this French lifestyle, which is so dear to us, as soon as they board our flights. We can’t wait to reopen the skies, flight after flight, with safety as our absolute and constant priority.”
The video will debut on all Air France long-haul flights as of March 1, 2021. Air France last released a safety video in 2015.
Safety videos have become one of the defining characteristics of airlines in recent years. Ultimately, their purpose is to tell passengers of the safety features on their flight. However, airlines around the world have taken to customizing that message to their home country.
Ultimately, Air France’s latest video is a glowing example of the level of normalcy we hope to return to soon. And, if nothing else, it could serve to give you some ideas of which French destination you should add to your bucket list.
Featured photo courtesy of Air France.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees