Extremely limited: $50 Air France bonus good for SkyTeam bookings
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you know you’ll need to be paying cash for flights, one way to save is to purchase discounted gift cards. Delta frequently has sales on gift cards and Hyatt has had several offers this month for 10% off gift cards.
Now, Air France is getting in on the fun with two options to save. You can either:
- Earn a $25 bonus when purchasing a $150 Air France gift card
- Earn a $50 bonus when opening a money pool account and adding $300
This promotion officially ends on January 5, 2020, but it will almost certainly end much sooner because the gift card promotion is limited to the first 500 purchases and the money pool deal is limited to 100 new accounts. There is a tracker on the website and there aren’t many left. Here’s what it looked like at the time of publishing:
Visit the promotion site here.
You can open/purchase at most two money pools or gift cards. Purchasing the gift card is straightforward: you’ll receive the gift card online within 48 hours and you can use it to book travel through Airfrance.com or “in a travel agency,” including flights with partner airlines.
The money pool option requires extra steps, but has a bigger bonus. The way it works is you need to create a money pool, then share the link with friends and family and invite them to contribute funds to the money pool. When you create the money pool account you must designate a beneficiary, and once the money pool is closed that beneficiary will receive an Air France gift card for the amount collected, plus the bonus. According to the terms, to qualify for the bonus you must have at least three different people contribute to the money pool, and the organizer and the money pool beneficiary must be two different people.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees