Extremely limited: $50 Air France bonus good for SkyTeam bookings
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you know you’ll need to be paying cash for flights, one way to save is to purchase discounted gift cards. Delta frequently has sales on gift cards and Hyatt has had several offers this month for 10% off gift cards.
Now, Air France is getting in on the fun with two options to save. You can either:
- Earn a $25 bonus when purchasing a $150 Air France gift card
- Earn a $50 bonus when opening a money pool account and adding $300
This promotion officially ends on January 5, 2020, but it will almost certainly end much sooner because the gift card promotion is limited to the first 500 purchases and the money pool deal is limited to 100 new accounts. There is a tracker on the website and there aren’t many left. Here’s what it looked like at the time of publishing:
Visit the promotion site here.
You can open/purchase at most two money pools or gift cards. Purchasing the gift card is straightforward: you’ll receive the gift card online within 48 hours and you can use it to book travel through Airfrance.com or “in a travel agency,” including flights with partner airlines.
The money pool option requires extra steps, but has a bigger bonus. The way it works is you need to create a money pool, then share the link with friends and family and invite them to contribute funds to the money pool. When you create the money pool account you must designate a beneficiary, and once the money pool is closed that beneficiary will receive an Air France gift card for the amount collected, plus the bonus. According to the terms, to qualify for the bonus you must have at least three different people contribute to the money pool, and the organizer and the money pool beneficiary must be two different people.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.