Reminder: Get 10% off Hyatt gift cards this holiday season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
‘Tis the season for discounted gift cards and Hyatt is joining the crowd, with a promotion offering a 10% discount on Hyatt gift cards. The sale originally ran from Nov. 29 – Dec. 2, but it’s also available from Dec. 20 – Dec. 23, 2019.
This is a pretty great offer and something we rarely see, so if you’d like to take advantage of it, do it now. The discount is applied with the promo code WINTER19 at checkout. If you’re looking to send this as a gift, it works with both e-delivery and physical gift cards:
You can see that a plastic card incurs a shipping fee, ranging from $8.50 to $25 depending on speed:
Gift cards are available in increments of $25 to $2,000, and you can buy up to $10,000 worth of gift cards per day, but the discount only applies to up to $1,000 in gift card purchases per day. If you try to apply the code to a gift card purchases of more than $1,000 you’ll get this “Invalid code” error:
The cards are transferable, but they do come with some restrictions:
- Hyatt gift cards can only be redeemed at participating Hyatt properties in North America, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, and South America.
- Gift cards can’t be used for prepaid reservations. You’ll instead need to settle your final account at the counter at checkout.
- You must purchase the gift cards through this site.
Note that Hyatt gift cards aren’t processed directly by Hyatt, which means you’ll want to use a card that maximizes your return on everyday spend, like the Citi® Double Cash Card (2% cash back on all purchases with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases) or the Chase Freedom Unlimited (1.5% cash back on all purchases, though savvy travelers can pair with the Chase Sapphire Reserve® or the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card to turn that cash back into Ultimate Rewards).
This is a great deal for Hyatt gift cards and not a promotion we see often. If you’re looking to take advantage, make sure you do so before Dec. 23.
Feature photo by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.