Reminder: Get 10% off Hyatt gift cards this holiday season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
‘Tis the season for discounted gift cards and Hyatt is joining the crowd, with a promotion offering a 10% discount on Hyatt gift cards. The sale originally ran from Nov. 29 – Dec. 2, but it’s also available from Dec. 20 – Dec. 23, 2019.
This is a pretty great offer and something we rarely see, so if you’d like to take advantage of it, do it now. The discount is applied with the promo code WINTER19 at checkout. If you’re looking to send this as a gift, it works with both e-delivery and physical gift cards:
You can see that a plastic card incurs a shipping fee, ranging from $8.50 to $25 depending on speed:
Gift cards are available in increments of $25 to $2,000, and you can buy up to $10,000 worth of gift cards per day, but the discount only applies to up to $1,000 in gift card purchases per day. If you try to apply the code to a gift card purchases of more than $1,000 you’ll get this “Invalid code” error:
The cards are transferable, but they do come with some restrictions:
- Hyatt gift cards can only be redeemed at participating Hyatt properties in North America, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, and South America.
- Gift cards can’t be used for prepaid reservations. You’ll instead need to settle your final account at the counter at checkout.
- You must purchase the gift cards through this site.
Note that Hyatt gift cards aren’t processed directly by Hyatt, which means you’ll want to use a card that maximizes your return on everyday spend, like the Citi® Double Cash Card (2% cash back on all purchases with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases) or the Chase Freedom Unlimited (1.5% cash back on all purchases, though savvy travelers can pair with the Chase Sapphire Reserve® or the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card to turn that cash back into Ultimate Rewards).
This is a great deal for Hyatt gift cards and not a promotion we see often. If you’re looking to take advantage, make sure you do so before Dec. 23.
Feature photo by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees