Air Canada to Resume ‘Full India Schedule’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada will resume service its “full India schedule” by this fall, the carrier announced Tuesday.
The airline’s Vancouver-Delhi flights will “restart” Aug. 1 while routes from Toronto to both Delhi and Mumbai will resume in October.
Air Canada suspended its India service in May after Pakistan closed its airspace amid heightened tensions with neighboring India.
“We are very pleased to resume our daily, non-stop Toronto-Delhi flights in time for Diwali celebrations,” Mark Galardo, Vice President, Network Planning at Air Canada, said in a statement. “With our Delhi flights returning to normal together with our seasonal return to Mumbai for fall firmly demonstrating our long term commitment to this vibrant market, we look forward to operating our full schedule to India.”
- Toronto-Delhi: Flights resume Oct. 1; daily service.
- Vancouver-Delhi: Flights resume Aug. 1.
- Toronto-Mumbai: Seasonal service resumes Oct. 27 and runs through March 28.
Once all the routes resume, Air Canada will have offer up to 18 combined weekly flights to Delhi and Mumbai from its hubs in Toronto and Vancouver.
Air Canada was not alone in suspending its India service this spring.
Related: See All of TPG’s Air Canada Coverage
United also put its India flights on hold, but plans to resume its Newark-Delhi and Newark-Mumbai flights in September. Separately, United will launch another India route — San Francisco-New Delhi — on Dec. 5.
Air Canada and United are the only US and Canadian carriers currently serving India. However, Delta plans to launch its own service to India this winter with nonstop flights between New York JFK and Mumbai.
Featured photo courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.