Air Canada to Resume ‘Full India Schedule’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada will resume service its “full India schedule” by this fall, the carrier announced Tuesday.
The airline’s Vancouver-Delhi flights will “restart” Aug. 1 while routes from Toronto to both Delhi and Mumbai will resume in October.
Air Canada suspended its India service in May after Pakistan closed its airspace amid heightened tensions with neighboring India.
“We are very pleased to resume our daily, non-stop Toronto-Delhi flights in time for Diwali celebrations,” Mark Galardo, Vice President, Network Planning at Air Canada, said in a statement. “With our Delhi flights returning to normal together with our seasonal return to Mumbai for fall firmly demonstrating our long term commitment to this vibrant market, we look forward to operating our full schedule to India.”
- Toronto-Delhi: Flights resume Oct. 1; daily service.
- Vancouver-Delhi: Flights resume Aug. 1.
- Toronto-Mumbai: Seasonal service resumes Oct. 27 and runs through March 28.
Once all the routes resume, Air Canada will have offer up to 18 combined weekly flights to Delhi and Mumbai from its hubs in Toronto and Vancouver.
Air Canada was not alone in suspending its India service this spring.
Related: See All of TPG’s Air Canada Coverage
United also put its India flights on hold, but plans to resume its Newark-Delhi and Newark-Mumbai flights in September. Separately, United will launch another India route — San Francisco-New Delhi — on Dec. 5.
Air Canada and United are the only US and Canadian carriers currently serving India. However, Delta plans to launch its own service to India this winter with nonstop flights between New York JFK and Mumbai.
Featured photo courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees