This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re planning a trip to California, Kimpton may have a deal for you. Currently, Kimpton is offering up to 25% off and 1,000 points for stays at Kimpton properties in eight California cities this winter and early spring.
If you have upcoming stays in Huntington Beach, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco or Santa Barbara before Mar. 31, 2019, the Golden State Winter rate could save you money. To take advantage, book by Dec. 28 — even if your plans aren’t solidified — since the Golden State Winter rate allows free cancellation up to seven days before your check-in date.
The following 11 properties are offering Golden State Winter rates that are up to 25% off the best flexible rate and provide 1,000 IHG points per stay. TPG’s latest valuations peg the value of these 1,000 IHG points at $6.
- Kimpton Buchanan Hotel (San Francisco)
- Kimpton Canary Hotel (Santa Barbara)
- Kimpton Everly Hotel (Los Angeles)
- Kimpton Goodland (Santa Barbara)
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Beverly Hills (Los Angeles)
Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego (San Diego)
- Kimpton Hotel Wilshire (Los Angeles)
- Kimpton Sawyer Hotel (Sacramento)
- Kimpton Shorebreak Resort (Huntington Beach)
- Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel (San Francisco)
- Kimpton Solamar Hotel (San Diego)
To see the Golden State Winter rates, you’ll need to click through from IHG’s page for the promotion. In many cases, the Golden State Winter rate is the best rate, even beating out the best non-refundable rates.
But in other cases, the Golden State rate isn’t even the best flexible rate — especially considering the ‘Outlaw the Inlaws’ rate comes with a bottle of wine.
And, for last-minute booking at properties on Kimpton’s current Last Minute Deals list, the last-minute deal rate will usually be better — although you’ll need to click through from IHG’s Last Minute Deals page to see the last-minute deal rates.
Need more of a reason to stay at a Kimpton property in California? Your stay will also help those affected by the recent California wildfires because Kimpton is donating a portion of every reservation booked at a California hotel, up to $25,000, to The California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund.
Be sure to click through a portal to get some extra rewards when booking, say the secret words at check-in to get a surprise, and use a credit card that provides bonus earnings on hotel stays. I’d use my IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card or my Chase Sapphire Reserve, both of which will provide a 6% return based on TPG’s latest valuations. The IHG Premier Card also provides Platinum Elite status, which often nets me room upgrades and an annual free night benefit.
Featured image of Kimpton Shorebreak Resort courtesy of IHG.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards