This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in 2014, IHG acquired the boutique hotel brand Kimpton Hotels, but Kimpton has mostly kept its quirky brand intact — including no fees for any pets that can fit through the front door and giveaways just for saying a secret phrase at check-in. Another promotion that’s stayed intact through the IHG merger: Last Minute Deals.
These are great for those with a flexible travel schedule, those looking for a last-minute getaway or even for a great staycation. And this week, there are hotels for as cheap as $81 per night:
To check out the full list of 17 hotels included in this week’s version of the promotion, head to Kimpton’s Last Minute Deals website here. Note that you need to be an IHG Rewards Club member to take advantage of these deals.
Cost: $81+ per night before taxes and fees
Where: Alexandria, VA; Huntington Beach, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Manchester, VT; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Portland, OR; Sacramento, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; Washington DC
Travel Dates: January 31 – February 5
Pay With: IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card (10x on IHG hotels), Citi Prestige Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, Citi Premier Card (5x on hotels) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Kimpton Glover Park Hotel in Washington DC for $82 before taxes/fees ($120 total) per night:
Kimpton Rouge Hotel in Washington DC for $88 before taxes/fees ($130 total) per night:
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia in Philadelphia for $119 before taxes/fees ($139 total) per night:
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland in Portland, Oregon for $113 before taxes/fees ($156 total) per night:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on hotel purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on hotels) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image courtesy of Kimpton Glover Park Hotel
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With this card you'll get IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status which more than negates the value of the $89 annual fee. You'll also earn 10 points per dollar at IHG hotels, 2 points per dollar on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1 point per dollar on everything else.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®