W Aspen Now Accepting Reservations — Peak Ski Dates Available With Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Identified by TPG as one of the hottest points hotel openings of 2019, the W Aspen hasn’t yet swung open its doors to guests, but it looks very close to letting in travelers — and that fresh mountain air. In fact, the hotel is accepting reservations for stays beginning in Sept. 1 booked with both points and cash.
The hip 88-room W Aspen is (unfortunately, but not surprisingly) pricing as a top-tier Marriott Category 8 hotel, just like the nearby St. Regis Aspen. That means it’ll cost 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night for an award stay. Cash rates vary widely from $220 on the most off-peak dates, like those around Halloween, to well over $1,000 per night during prime-time ski holidays.
Award availability on ski weekends is already in relatively short supply, but there are some weekend and peak ski season dates available on points, especially if you look in January.
Standard award rooms book into a variety of room types, including king beds in rooms with 425 square feet and a maximum occupancy of three (rollaways are listed at $50 per night). Another type of standard room available for 85,000 points includes queen bunk beds that are arranged on a platform with a max occupancy of four at about 365 square feet.
While not available as standard awards, there are also rooms for eight with two sets of queen bunks, which is a very unique set-up for a traditional hotel that could work for groups of friends or larger families.
As is common at ski resort hotels, there’s a $50 per night resort fee, along with a $40 nightly parking fee, and Marriott does not waive resort fees on award stays. There is a 60-day cancellation policy for winter dates, and a 30-day cancellation for other dates.
The same property is also home to an 11-unit Sky Residences at the W Aspen, which is also close to opening with two- and three-bedroom suites that can be booked for (very large amounts) of cash. Expect to spend several thousand dollars per night in the residences.
If the W Aspen sounds a bit too pricey (or cool) for your tastes, the Westin Snowmass up the road is available from just 35,000 Marriott points per night and is located right on the slopes. You can even put a 35,000-point Marriott certificate to work for you at that family-friendly mountainside property. Or, get those Marriott points ready, and lock in the newest spot in town.
Featured image courtesy of Sky Residences Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees