This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We love a good travel deal here at The Points Guy, and if you’re anything like us, you’ve been scouring the internet’s sales bins all week, thanks to digital discount events like Amazon Prime Day and early access to Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale, available exclusively to Nordstrom credit card holders (July 12 to 18).
Starting Friday, July 19, Nordstrom’s blowout officially opens to the public. But before you press “Confirm Purchase,” be sure to check out these tips on how to get the most out of your spending — and consider adding a few of our favorite travel essentials to your cart, before prices go up on Aug. 5. Happy shopping!
To buy: From $199 (was $299, valued at $368).
Two pieces of luggage for less than $200 is always a win in our book. We love the sleek black version, but it comes in pink, too.
To buy: From $64.90 (was $98).
Comfortable yet trendy — the definition of airport chic.
To buy: From $59.90 (was $85.95).
We know your duffle bag could use an upgrade, and this one’s cheaper than an upgrade to first class.
To buy: From $55 (valued at $75).
Cult-favorite brand Diptyque on sale in travel size. Even if you don’t actually pack them, we approve of this purchase.
To buy: From $22.90 (was $35).
Never go thirsty while traveling again. Added bonus: A solid price from popular brand, S’well.
To buy: From $66.90 (was $100).
A chic-looking tote that’s bound to fit everything you need (and don’t need) for your next trip.
To buy: From $77.98 (was $130).
Feel like you’re flying in the front of the plane, even if you’re not.
To buy: From $339 (was $425).
Chronic overpackers, rejoice! A sturdy-yet-fashionable backpack with no relation to our reviews editor, Nick Ellis.
To buy: From $99.99 (was $129).
If you’re in the market for new headphones to drown out the background noise on your next flight, might we suggest these Bluetooth-equipped ones? They’re less than $100, too.
To buy: From $112.90 (was $169).
You can’t go wrong with a cozy cashmere ruana to wrap yourself in, whether you’re at the lounge or on the plane.
To buy: From $76 (was $108).
Jo Malone on sale. We repeat: Jo Malone on sale.
To buy: From $39 (was $78).
This brand has been popping up all over Instagram, and for good reason. Get one now while it’s on sale.
To buy: From $159.90 (was $220)
An easy-to-pack puffer coat that comes in black, gray and navy.
To buy: From $69.90 (was $100).
Get comfortable on your next long-haul flight.
To buy: From $59 (was $90).
A deeply-discounted Herschel bag is always a good idea — especially when it has a secret pocket.
To buy: From $17.90 (was $25).
These go with everything, are comfy and kids will love them. And we won’t blame you if you’re jealous of your kid’s travel style. Stock up on two sizes or two colors.
To buy: From $59.90 (was $80).
A solid deal on a jacket by The North Face that comes in a handful of different colors. Great for your little one’s next adventure when you aren’t quite sure what the weather will have in store.
To buy: From $559.98 (was $700).
Here’s a splurge-worthy item. Business travelers will love this thoughtful, durable briefcase for all their essentials.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees