Saks is having a 25% off sale — here are 14 must-have travel items to buy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking to participate in some retail therapy while you’re all cooped up at home, you’re in luck: Saks Fifth Avenue is having a major sale until April 6 on a majority of its inventory (with a few exclusions). We know a lot of these items are not priorities for everyone right now, but for those of you who are still in a position to stock up for the future, this is a good time to upgrade your travel accessories.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Don’t have the Platinum Card but do have a different Amex? You’re in luck. You have access to ShopRunner, which will get you free, two-day shipping.
While health officials say the fastest way for life to return to normal is for people to stay home and press pause on travel, there’s no better way to kickstart your future trips than by stocking up on these hot travel items — and earning points and miles that will help you offset the cost.
To buy: $296.50, originally $395
This luxurious travel set comes with a cashmere scarf, eye mask and zip bag. Treat yourself. You deserve it.
To buy: $99, originally $132
Trust us when we say this hooded sweatshirt is one of the most comfortable items you will ever own. We have a feeling you won’t travel anywhere without it again. And, while, you’re at it, go crazy and order the matching pants.
To buy: $66, originally $88
You can never have enough travel sweatshirts, and this one from Wildfox is especially cozy. Dare we say you might not have trouble sleeping on your next long-haul flight?
To buy: $187.50, originally $250
These gray suede sneakers from Vince will take you from the plane to the sights in one fell swoop, and go with virtually everything.
To buy: $45.50, originally $130
“Heavily discounted Sorel boots” has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? They’re waterproof, lightweight and will really come in handy if you’re traveling somewhere wet and cold.
To buy: $123.75, originally $165
Get yourself a pair of comfortable, yet stylish, sneakers you’ll have for many trips to come. Bonus: You can wear them to the gym, too.
To buy: $82.50, originally $110
For the young, aspiring AvGeek in your life. Aviator Nation makes some of our favorite airplane gear, and your little ones will love their new travel uniform, too.
To buy: $37.50, originally $50
Your little one is about to be the trendiest traveler at the airport, hotel and everywhere in between. It will fit all his or her essentials (and let’s be honest, nonessentials) with room to spare — and the tie-dye gives it that extra flare.
To buy: $31.50, originally $42
You’ve been meaning to buy a reusable water bottle you can take with you on all your trips. Might we suggest this standout one from S’well?
To buy: $348.75, originally $465
Isn’t it time you gave your duffel bag an upgrade? This suede bag with pockets galore and double-top handles should do the trick.
To buy: $415, originally $595
Picture this: You’re at the airport, on your way to a well-deserved vacation. You have this sleek, colorful suitcase from Tumi bag in tow. Life is good. Best of all, it’s Tumi for a fraction of the price you’d normally pay.
To buy: $24, originally $32
Now that you’ve got your luggage in check (pun intended), it’s time for a snazzy new luggage tag. We like this sleek, metallic one that will help your suitcase stand out on the carousel.
To buy: $36.75, originally $49
You know what they say: If you can’t bring yourself to the beach, bring the beach to you … right? This one from Gray Malin — complete with his signature aerial photography — should do the trick.
To buy: $50
OK, this isn’t on sale, but you can earn triple points and we’d be remiss if we didn’t include it on the list. It’s a super soft, silky sleep mask with “Jet Lagged” written on it, after all. We’re longing for the days where we’re jet-lagged again — aren’t you?
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum, click here.
Featured photo by John Greim/LightRocket/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.