Saks is having a 25% off sale — here are 14 must-have travel items to buy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking to participate in some retail therapy while you’re all cooped up at home, you’re in luck: Saks Fifth Avenue is having a major sale until April 6 on a majority of its inventory (with a few exclusions). We know a lot of these items are not priorities for everyone right now, but for those of you who are still in a position to stock up for the future, this is a good time to upgrade your travel accessories.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Plus, if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express in your wallet, this is a great opportunity to use your $50 biannual statement credit for U.S. purchases at Saks (and Barneys) to deepen those discounts even more. Enrollment required.
Don’t have the Platinum Card but do have a different Amex? You’re in luck. You have access to ShopRunner, which will get you free, two-day shipping. enrollment required.
While health officials say the fastest way for life to return to normal is for people to stay home and press pause on travel, there’s no better way to kickstart your future trips than by stocking up on these hot travel items — and earning points and miles that will help you offset the cost.
Enrollment required for select card benefits.
To buy: $296.50, originally $395
This luxurious travel set comes with a cashmere scarf, eye mask and zip bag. Treat yourself. You deserve it.
To buy: $99, originally $132
Trust us when we say this hooded sweatshirt is one of the most comfortable items you will ever own. We have a feeling you won’t travel anywhere without it again. And, while, you’re at it, go crazy and order the matching pants.
To buy: $66, originally $88
You can never have enough travel sweatshirts, and this one from Wildfox is especially cozy. Dare we say you might not have trouble sleeping on your next long-haul flight?
To buy: $187.50, originally $250
These gray suede sneakers from Vince will take you from the plane to the sights in one fell swoop, and go with virtually everything.
To buy: $45.50, originally $130
“Heavily discounted Sorel boots” has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? They’re waterproof, lightweight and will really come in handy if you’re traveling somewhere wet and cold.
To buy: $123.75, originally $165
Get yourself a pair of comfortable, yet stylish, sneakers you’ll have for many trips to come. Bonus: You can wear them to the gym, too.
To buy: $82.50, originally $110
For the young, aspiring AvGeek in your life. Aviator Nation makes some of our favorite airplane gear, and your little ones will love their new travel uniform, too.
To buy: $37.50, originally $50
Your little one is about to be the trendiest traveler at the airport, hotel and everywhere in between. It will fit all his or her essentials (and let’s be honest, nonessentials) with room to spare — and the tie-dye gives it that extra flare.
To buy: $31.50, originally $42
You’ve been meaning to buy a reusable water bottle you can take with you on all your trips. Might we suggest this standout one from S’well?
To buy: $348.75, originally $465
Isn’t it time you gave your duffel bag an upgrade? This suede bag with pockets galore and double-top handles should do the trick.
To buy: $415, originally $595
Picture this: You’re at the airport, on your way to a well-deserved vacation. You have this sleek, colorful suitcase from Tumi bag in tow. Life is good. Best of all, it’s Tumi for a fraction of the price you’d normally pay.
To buy: $24, originally $32
Now that you’ve got your luggage in check (pun intended), it’s time for a snazzy new luggage tag. We like this sleek, metallic one that will help your suitcase stand out on the carousel.
To buy: $36.75, originally $49
You know what they say: If you can’t bring yourself to the beach, bring the beach to you … right? This one from Gray Malin — complete with his signature aerial photography — should do the trick.
To buy: $50
OK, this isn’t on sale, but you can earn triple points and we’d be remiss if we didn’t include it on the list. It’s a super soft, silky sleep mask with “Jet Lagged” written on it, after all. We’re longing for the days where we’re jet-lagged again — aren’t you?
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum, click here.
Featured photo by John Greim/LightRocket/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees