Free points! These loyalty programs are offering bonuses just for signing up
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new bonuses.
Whether you’re just getting into award travel or already have dozens of different accounts, odds are there are at least a handful of programs you’ve yet to join. If you play your cards right, you can score additional bonuses simply by signing up (and sometimes completing your first qualifying activity). These are separate from any welcome bonuses you might earn with a cobranded airline or hotel credit card.
These bonuses often apply to more obscure, under-the-radar programs. But you never know when one of these travel providers can help you, especially since many of them partner with at least one transferable point program. That said, we’ve seen offers from popular programs such as free flights for new Alaska Mileage Plan members and free nights for new Marriott Bonvoy members.
In fact, Southwest is currently offering Rapid Rewards members 25,000 bonus points — enough for a free round-trip flight — for enrolling their company in the Southwest Business program. Qatar Airways Privilege Club is offering several promotions as well, one of which doesn’t even have a flight requirement.
Here’s a look at all current offers, but be sure to check back here often for updated information.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Current loyalty program sign-up bonuses
|Etihad Guest||500 miles for signing up and flying once. Join here.||Ongoing|
|Hilton Honors||2,000 bonus points on your first stay, plus an extra 3,000 bonus points after two stays. Join here.||Dec. 31, 2021|
|IHG Rewards Club||500 bonus points for signing up. Join here.||No listed date|
|Marriott Bonvoy||2,500 bonus points after completing your first stay. Join here.||No listed date|
|Emirates Skywards||2,020 bonus miles for signing up using the promo code EXPO2020. Join here.||No listed date|
|Qatar Airways Privilege Club||Earn up 5,000 bonus Qmiles for signing up by Sept. 21 using the promo code FLYQR21. There’s no flight or other activity requirement. Join here.||Sept. 21, 2021|
|Qatar Airways Privilege Club||Earn up to 7,500 bonus Qmiles and fast-track elite status. You’ll earn 2,500 free Qmiles for signing up by Sept. 30 using the promo code OALSMH121, plus an additional 5,000 Qmiles and 50 Qpoints when taking a paid Qatar Airways flight by Dec. 31, 2021. Join here.||Sept. 30, 2021|
|Qatar Airways Student Club||Receive a promo code for 10% off your first trip, 15% off your second and 20% off your third. Join here.||Ongoing|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||Earn 25,000 bonus points for referring your company to Southwest Business. Your company must either enroll in SWABIZ or set up a managed contract. Refer your company here.||Sept. 30, 2021|
|TAP Portugal Miles & Go||200 bonus points for signing up. Join here.||Ongoing|
Depending on the bonus, you may be able to stack it with promotions available to existing members. For more deals, see:
- Current hotel promotions with Hilton, Marriott, IHG and more
- All of the buy points and miles promotions worth considering
- Current points and miles transfer bonuses
Featured photo by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees