Hilton, Marriott and other loyalty programs are offering free points for new members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new bonuses.
Whether you’re just getting into award travel or already have dozens of different accounts, odds are there are at least a handful of programs you’ve yet to join. If you play your cards right, you can score additional bonuses simply by signing up (and sometimes completing your first qualifying activity). These are separate from any welcome bonuses you might earn with a cobranded airline or hotel credit card.
These bonuses often apply to more obscure, under-the-radar programs. But you never know when one of these travel providers can help you, especially since many partner with at least one transferable points program.
And not all new member bonuses are awarded in points. Recently, Alaska Airlines started offering travel credits to new members for enrolling in Mileage Plan, which can be done for free.
Here’s a look at all current offers, but check back here often for updated information.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Current loyalty program sign-up bonuses
|Alaska Mileage Plan||Sign up with Mileage Plan and receive a $25 to $50 travel credit.||Dec. 31, 2022.|
|Etihad Guest||Earn 500 miles for signing up and flying once. Join here.||Ongoing.|
|Aegean Miles+Bonus||Earn 1,000 bonus points for signing up online. Join here.||Ongoing.|
|Hilton Honors||Earn 1,500 bonus points on your first stay, plus an extra 3,000 bonus points after two stays. Join here.||No listed date.|
|IHG Rewards Club||Earn 500 bonus points for signing up. Join here.||No listed date.|
|Marriott Bonvoy||Earn 2,500 bonus points after completing your first stay. Join here.||No listed date.|
|Emirates Skywards||Earn 2,000 bonus miles for signing up using the promo code FLYDUBAI. Join here.||March 31, 2023.|
|Qatar Airways Student Club||Receive a promo code for 10% off your first trip, 15% off your second and 20% off your third. Join here.||Ongoing.|
Depending on the bonus, you may be able to stack it with promotions available to existing members. For more deals, see:
- Current hotel promotions with Hilton, Marriott, IHG and more.
- All of the promotions to buy points and miles worth considering.
- Current points and miles transfer bonuses.
Additional reporting by Kyle Olsen and Andrew Kunesh.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees