Hyatt Privé: The little-known program that can score you upgrades, breakfast and other perks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are lots of ways to make your next hotel stay more comfortable without elite status. Some favorites among the TPG team include booking through American Express’ Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR) program or Chase’s Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection (LHRC). However, both of these programs are exclusive to those with certain premium credit cards and unlock some sweet perks like early check-in, late checkout, on-property credits, complimentary room upgrades, free breakfast and more.
Hyatt has a little-known program called Hyatt Privé that offers similar benefits but is available to everyone. Benefits of booking through Hyatt Privé include daily breakfast for two, confirmed room upgrades, early check-in, hotel credits and more. However, these stays can’t simply be booked through Hyatt’s site and you may pay a premium for them.
Today we’re going to take a look at everything you need to know about Hyatt Privé and how you can actually book these stays.
For more TPG news, deals and points and miles tips delivered each morning to your inbox, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
Which hotels participate in Hyatt Privé?
Much like Amex FHR and Chase LHRC, Hyatt has a lesser-known program called Hyatt Privé that can get you big benefits at its higher-end hotels. This includes all Park Hyatt, Andaz and Miraval properties as well as brands like Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt and Alila. Altogether, there are over 200 properties around the world that participate in the program. You can view the full list here.
Hyatt Privé benefits
While they’re fairly consistent, the benefits of booking through Hyatt Privé vary slightly by brand. All Hyatt Privé stays come with the following benefits:
- Daily full breakfast for two in the hotel’s restaurant
- A one-category room upgrade (room-to-room or suite-to-suite) confirmed within 24 hours of booking, based on availability at the time of booking
- A $50 to $100 property credit per room per stay (depending on the hotel)
- Early check-in (as early as 9 a.m.), subject to availability
- A welcome gift and letter
Park Hyatt stays come with even more benefits. At these hotels, you’ll receive late check-out (as late as 4 p.m., subject to availability) and the hotel credit is always $100 per room per stay.
Related: How to get free hotel breakfast
At Park Hyatt, Andaz and Miraval properties, you’ll get all of these benefits regardless of how long you’re staying. Meanwhile, participating Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Alila, JDV by Hyatt, Thomson Hotels, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt properties require you to stay a minimum of two nights.
It’s worth mentioning that all of these benefits are in addition to any perks you might get as a part of your elite status. So, World of Hyatt Globalist members, for instance, may receive a further upgrade at arrival and club lounge access. You’ll also still earn bonus points and elite-qualifying credit as per usual.
How to book a Hyatt Privé stay
Anyone can book stays with Hyatt Privé benefits (read: you don’t need to have elite status, a special credit card or membership in an exclusive program). The catch is, you can’t book them directly through Hyatt’s site.
To book a Hyatt Privé stay, you must go through an eligible travel agent. Most registered travel advisors should qualify. If you don’t already have a preferred agent, members of the TPG team have had positive experiences with Kristen Nix and Spencer Howard.
The Hyatt Privé rate should be identical to the best available “standard rate.” Unfortunately, you can’t get the Hyatt Privé benefits when booking with points or special rates, such as a World of Hyatt member discount rate, AAA rate or pre-paid rate. Typically, travel advisors don’t charge service fees for making Hyatt Privé bookings.
Hyatt Privé benefits are available at all Park Hyatt, Andaz, and Miraval hotels, as well as select Alila, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, JDV by Hyatt, Thompson, and Unbound Collection properties. Many of these hotels don’t participate in other luxury hotel programs like FHR, Chase LHRC or Virtuoso.
As mentioned above, a minimum two-night stay is required for participating Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Alila, JDV by Hyatt, Thomson Hotels, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt properties. Meanwhile, there’s no minimum for Park Hyatt, Andaz and Miraval properties.
Maximizing Hyatt Privé bookings
Hyatt Privé stays are charged directly by the property. As such, the best way to maximize these bookings is with the World of Hyatt Credit Card. As with other Hyatt bookings, you’ll earn 4x points per dollar spent at participating properties on top of the usual World of Hyatt earnings.
If you’re considering adding the World of Hyatt Credit Card to your wallet, it’s currently offering a welcome bonus of up to 60,000 bonus points: 30,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within your first three months from account opening, plus up to 30,000 more points by earning 2x bonus points total on purchases that normally earn 1x bonus point, on up to $15,000 in the first six months of account opening.
Although you’re booking through a travel agent, you will still earn bonus points and elite-qualifying credit on your stays. So be sure to provide your World of Hyatt number on Hyatt Privé bookings.
The Hyatt Privé program provides several elite-like benefits at Hyatt’s higher-end hotels. Even if you already have World of Hyatt status, booking through the program can still make sense since you’ll get extra perks like a property credit and confirmed upgrades.
Hyatt Privé rates aren’t necessarily the cheapest, but the benefits that come with them can sometimes make paying a bit more for the stay worthwhile.
Although Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) properties aren’t available through Hyatt Privé, keep in mind that World of Hyatt members can still get extra benefits on these stays.
Featured photo of the Park Hyatt Washington D.C. courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees