Last Chance: Earn Hyatt Club Lounge Access By Matching M Life Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt and M Life have a relationship where you can match your elite status in one program to get a status match and perks in the other program. Even if all you have is Hyatt Discoverist elite status from the World of Hyatt Credit Card, that matches to M Life Pearl status and provides tangible perks, including free parking at M Life properties in Las Vegas.
That’s all valuable even at face value, but for years, there has been a really fun merry-go-round of elite status matches available with Hyatt and M Life that could perpetuate itself if you matched your status levels each year. If done correctly, you could put four Hyatt lounge passes (aka Hyatt Club Access Awards) in your virtual pockets each year with very little effort. This helped travelers save lots of money on food and drinks by enjoying Hyatt lounges on vacation in places like Grand Hyatt Kauai, Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, Hyatt Regency Coconut Point and beyond.
Sadly, that specific status matching merry-go-round perk is likely closing for good on March 1 as the way Hyatt awards annual lounge passes is changing on that date. Beginning March 1, Hyatt Club Access Awards will no longer be awarded all at once with Hyatt Explorist elite status. Instead, they’ll be awarded based on your activity in Hyatt’s program, starting at 20 eligible nights in a calendar year.
However, if you have M Life Gold status or above right now (even if you “earned” it by matching from Hyatt), you can potentially match that status back to Hyatt by Feb. 28 and earn a final round of four easy Hyatt Club Access Awards and Hyatt Explorist status that’s valid for another year.
For those looking to match (or re-match) their M Life status to Hyatt before March 1, here are the steps:
- Head to this M Life page and log in to your M Life account.
- Scroll down to World of Hyatt Tier Match and select “Opt In.”
- Enter your World of Hyatt account information and sign in to your Hyatt account.
- You should then be able to link your accounts and receive four additional Club Access Awards with a successful status match.
Note that you may get an error message if your accounts are already linked, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it didn’t work. Try logging out of your Hyatt account and then logging back in to see if your four Club Access Awards have indeed been deposited in spite of the error message.
Note that if you currently have Hyatt Globalist status, even if it is expiring after tomorrow, this status match from M Life doesn’t seem to work, as the system says your Hyatt status tier is already higher than what would be matched.
If you’re sad that this pathway to Hyatt club lounge access is closing, you could always ramp up the spending on your World of Hyatt Credit Card. That card comes with five annual elite qualifying nights and you can earn two more for every $5,000 you charge to the card. You only need to get to 20 annual nights with Hyatt to earn two lounge passes, so some Hyatt stays (remember, even award nights count) plus some spending on the card should get you there in no time.
To earn a final round of easy Hyatt club lounge access passes for the next year, be sure and act on this status match now as the new rules for earning lounge passes based on Hyatt activity begin on March 1.
Featured image by author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total within 6 months of account opening.
- Free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after your Cardmember anniversary
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status and 5 qualifying night credits every year as long as your account is open
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status everytime you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships