10 gifts you can buy using your Amex Platinum $50 Saks Fifth Avenue credit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest information.
Do you have The Platinum Card® from American Express in your wallet? Offering lounge access, U.S. Uber credits and bonus points on travel, the card comes with a $550 annual fee (see rates and fees). Although the card is ideal for travelers, you can also use it to shop online if you’re stuck at home and not traveling right now.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter!
Platinum cardholders get up to $100 in Saks Fifth Avenue credits every calendar year ($50 from January to June and another $50 in the second half of the year) (enrollment required). Now is the time to start planning on how to spend your biannual Saks credit.
Although you can put your credit toward more expensive items, such as footwear, clothing or luggage, it is possible to find items that are $50 or less. We’ve pulled together 10 of our favorite Saks items available right now for under $50, available online or in stores.
Don’t forget to head over to Saks via a shopping portal to double dip and earn points on your online purchase. Presently, American Airlines is offering 2x points per dollar spent at Saks, but these offers change quickly, so it’s worth checking out your favorite portal. If you’d rather use the portal with the best offer, check out Saks on EVRewards to find out where you’ll get the most bonus points.
For more information, check out our handy guide on everything you need to know about using the Saks Fifth Avenue Amex credit. Below are some items you can buy with your Saks Amex Platinum $50 credit. And bonus — you can get free shipping with your Amex Platinum ShopRunner benefit! Enrollment required for select benefits.
Canali Abstract 3D Cube Silk Pocket Square
This Italian-made silk pocket square has an abstract 3D cube motif that brings a touch of class to a men’s suit or blazer.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $34.20
Charbonnel et Walker Truffles
Indulge your sweet tooth by using your Saks credit to but two boxes of truffles — one for you and one for a friend. Flavors include milk sea salt, pistachio, sea salt banana caramel and pink champagne. Cheers!
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $21.00
Jack Black Skin Saviors 4-Piece Set
This is a men’s full skin care regimen in TSA-approved sizes to cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize, and protect your face. The set includes a face buff energizing scrub, a double-duty face moisturizer SPF 20, an intense therapy lip balm SPF 25 and natural mint and shea butter.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $35.00
Jet Lagged Silk Sleep Mask
Whether you’re out of the office because you’re on vacation or simply working from home, you can still get some excellent shut-eye using this silk sleep mask. The mask is made using high-grade, long-fiber mulberry silk, which is less absorbent, so your skin and hair care products stay on your face and off the mask while you snooze.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $50.00
PiccoliNY Kid’s Hot Dog Pretzel NY t-Shirt
The kid in your life might enjoy this t-shirt that celebrates the Big Apple. The shirt is made from 100% organic cotton.
Buy t-shirt: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $35.00
MAC Matte Lipstick
I’m a big fan of Mac lipsticks, and because they’re on sale, now is the perfect time to stock up. Take your pick of colors, including Diva, Mangrove, Double Fudge, Pink Pigeon and more.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $19.00
Tumi Alpha SLG Slim Card Case
Maybe you don’t have the cash to splurge on a Tumi suitcase, but you can get this card case at a much more affordable price than a roller bag. This ballistic nylon card case has an ID window and two card pockets, making it handy when you don’t want to carry a large wallet when you travel.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $35
In Bloom Because Wrap Lace Robe
This satin wrap is perfect year round. The touch of lace on the kimono-styled sleeve adds a touch of class to this robe.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $50.00
Kate Spade New York Little Gem Mixed Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings
Glam things up with this pair of delicate stud earrings that shimmer with cubic zirconia in a mix of colors and shapes, finished with the signature spade back.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $48.00
Tumi Hong Kong Leather Luggage Tag
The traveler in your life might enjoy this playful, vintage-inspired leather luggage tag with a buckle closure.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $45.00
If you haven’t used your Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue credit, now is the time. When shopping at Saks, make sure to double-dip by using a shopping portal that will give you bonus points for every dollar spent. Check Evreward before making any purchases to find the shopping portal with the highest Saks bonuses available now.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
Prices accurate as of publication date.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees