10 gifts you can buy using your Amex Platinum $50 Saks Fifth Avenue credit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest information.
Do you have The Platinum Card® from American Express in your wallet? Offering lounge access, annual U.S. Uber Cash, bonus points on travel and more, the card comes with a $695 annual fee (see rates and fees). Although the card is ideal for travelers, there are plenty of other benefits worth considering. Enrollment required for select benefits.
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter!
For example, Platinum cardholders get up to $100 in Saks Fifth Avenue credits every calendar year: $50 from January to June and another $50 in the second half of the year (enrollment required).
As we approach the final days of June, this also means your $50 Saks credit for the first half of the year will expire soon. While you can put your credit toward more expensive items (such as footwear, clothing or luggage), it’s definitely possible to find items that are $50 or less. In this guide, we’ve pulled together 10 of our favorite Saks items available right now for under $50, available online or in stores. Of course, you can also use the credit toward more expensive items sold in stores or online.
To make the deal even sweeter, don’t forget to shop on Saks via an online shopping portal to double dip and earn points on your online purchase. Presently, JetBlue Airways offers 3 points per dollar spent at Saks while American Airlines is offering 2 points per dollar spent at Saks. These offers can change quickly, so it’s worth checking out your favorite portal. If you’d rather use the portal with the best offer, check out Saks on Cashback Monitor to find out where you’ll get the most bonus points.
For more information, check out our handy guide on everything you need to know about using the Saks Fifth Avenue Amex credit. Below, you’ll find 10 items you can buy with your Saks Amex Platinum $50 credit. And as a bonus, you can even get free shipping with your Amex Platinum ShopRunner benefit! Enrollment required.
Canali abstract 3D cube silk pocket square
This Italian-made silk pocket square has an abstract 3D cube motif that brings a touch of class to a men’s suit or blazer.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $28.49
Charbonnel et Walker truffles
Indulge your sweet tooth by using your Saks credit to purchase two boxes of truffles — one for you and one for a friend. Flavors include milk sea salt, pistachio, sea salt, banana caramel and pink champagne. Cheers!
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $28.00
Jack Black skin saviors 4-piece set
This is a men’s full skincare regimen in TSA-approved sizes to cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize, and protect your face. The set includes a face buff energizing scrub, a double-duty face moisturizer SPF 20, an intense therapy lip balm SPF 25 and natural mint and shea butter.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $35.00
Jet lagged silk sleep mask
(Photo courtesy of Saks)Whether you’re out of the office because you’re on vacation or simply working from home, you can still get some excellent shut-eye using this silk sleep mask. The mask is made using high-grade, long-fiber mulberry silk, which is less absorbent, so your skin and hair care products stay on your face and off the mask while you snooze.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $50.00
PiccoliNY kid’s t-shirt
The kid in your life might enjoy this t-shirt that celebrates the Big Apple. The shirt is made from 100% organic cotton.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $35.00
MAC matte lipstick
I’m a big fan of Mac lipsticks, and because they’re on sale, now is the perfect time to stock up. So take your pick of colors!
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $11.40
Face mask set
If you’re ready to hit the skies again, you’ll still need to wear a face mask (even if you’re fully vaccinated). Stock up with this handy four-pack of reusable cloth masks with unique designs, three-layer cotton and a pouch for an optional filter.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $19.95
In Bloom robe
This satin wrap is perfect year-round. The touch of lace on the kimono-style sleeve adds a touch of class to this robe.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $50.00
Kate Spade NY stud earrings
Glam things up with this pair of goldplated stud earrings that shimmer with multicolored glass crystals finished with the signature spade back. Best of all, there are tons of Kate Spade earrings that you can find well under the $50 budget.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $48.00
Espro travel press coffee maker
If you’re constantly on the go, you’ll find this travel press coffee and tea maker incredibly useful. So brew your favorite cup wherever your travels take you.
Buy: SaksFifthAvenue.com, $39.95
If you haven’t used your Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue credit, now’s the time. Even if you don’t necessarily need anything right now, there are plenty of items under $50 that can you snag with this credit. When shopping at Saks, don’t forget to double-dip by using a shopping portal that will give you bonus points for every dollar spent.
Additional reporting by Stella Shon.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
Prices accurate as of publication date.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees