Wicked good deal: JetBlue flights to Puerto Rico from $31 or 200 points one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Holy cow, it’s been a deal-filled week — and it just got better. JetBlue is running a flash sale on all of its flights starting at just $31 or 200 TrueBlue points one-way.
Based on TPG valuations, 200 TrueBlue points are worth a minuscule $2.60 — talk about an amazing points redemption. If you’re not a frequent JetBlue flyer, you can transfer points from Chase, Amex or Capital One.
The catch? You’ll have to pack up your costume, because this deal is only valid if you fly on Halloween, aka Thursday — not a bad tradeoff.
To search, head to JetBlue’s deals page and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline. But don’t wait because all flights must be booked by Oct. 31 or while supplies last.
Routes: Major routes served by JetBlue, see full list here
Cost: $31+ or 200 points one-way
Dates: Oct. 31
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige® Card and Citi Premier℠ Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Washington, D.C. (DCA) to San Juan (SJU) for $31 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Las Vegas (LAX) for $31 one-way:
New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $31 one-way: Atlanta (ATL) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $31 one-way:
San Francisco (SFO) to New York (JFK) for $31 one-way:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to San Francisco (SFO) for $31 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Zach Griff/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.