Prime Day deal alert: Major discounts on travel-friendly tablets and drones
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Prime Day is finally here and Amazon has a ton of amazing deals in store. But with thousands of products to choose from and new deals starting as often as every five minutes, it’s easy to get lost and think that you’re actually in the Amazon. To help you on this hunt, we here at TPG are scouring Amazon all day to find the best deals that might be worth a look. And while the discounts are exciting in and of themselves, there are also ways to maximize your return on Amazon spending during this two-day sale, which you can read about at the end of the post.
Although the sale officially runs from Tuesday through Wednesday, some deals aren’t available for the full 48 hours and quantities are limited. So if you’re interested in an offer, you’ll need to act quickly. As a reminder, these discounts are available exclusively to Amazon Prime members. If you’re not currently an Amazon Prime member, you can sign up today for a free trial to take advantage of the sale. In addition, Prime Student allows college students to receive a free six-month trial membership.
With many airlines ditching inflight-entertainment screens in favor of streaming entertainment, it’s becoming more important to BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) when traveling. This year, we’re seeing a number of tablets on sale, including iPads, Samsung Galaxy Tabs, Amazon Fire tablets and Kindles. We’re also seeing travel-friendly DJI drones on sale.
Here are the deals:
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0″ 32 GB Wifi Android 9.0 Pie Tablet for $94.05 (was $149.99 — now 37% off)
6. Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet, 7″ Display, 16 GB, Kid-Proof Case for $59.99 (was $99.99 — now 40% off)
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget; you can maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi® Double Cash Card or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day but every day of the year.
You can also stack different promotions, such as the $20 discount by using just one Citi ThankYou point. The information for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2020 — click here for more great deals.
Featured image by IJGI / Jamie Grill / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.