Norwegian fall sale: Flights to Europe from $115 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Norwegian’s annual fall sale just dropped and there are flights from various US cities to many European destinations for as low as $115 one-way or $250 round-trip. However, you may even be able to score a better deal if you use the trick of booking on the carrier’s Norwegian website, but we can’t guarantee it.
It’s worth noting that Norwegian’s recently been experiencing financial trouble, so you may want to consider purchasing travel insurance or using a credit card that covers delays and cancellations. These low fares are hard to pass up, but regardless of the price it’s never fun eating a ticket if something goes wrong.
This sale is running from Sept. 3 to Sept. 15, so if you see a route that fits your travel plans and budget be sure to book by midnight PST on Sept. 15. Note that you’ll have to pay extra for checked bags and seat assignments.
Routes: JFK/SWF/EWR/BOS/PVD/MIA/TPA/MCO/FLL/DEN/AUS/ORD/LAX/OAK/SFO/SEA to various European destinations
Cost: $115+ one-way in basic economy, $250+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: Oct. 1, 2019 – Mar. 31, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Madrid (MAD) for $250 round-trip on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $288 round-trip on Norwegian:
San Francisco (SFO) to London (LGW) for $364 round-trip on Norwegian:
Denver (DEN) to London (LGW) for $399 round-trip on Norwegian:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
(Featured photo by Ryan Patterson / TPG)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.