Last-Minute Deal: Fly Nonstop From New York to Hawaii in Lie-Flat Seats for Just 12,500 Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re seeing an amazing deal for a nonstop flight between Newark (EWR) and Honolulu (HNL) for just 50,000 United miles one-way or 12,500 Turkish miles on September 1. It’s incredibly rare to see saver award availability on this route which was first reported by Dan’s Deals.
If you’re short on miles, you can instantly transfer Chase points to United at a 1:1 ratio. Even better, if you hold a card that earns Citi ThankYou Points, you can transfer your points to Turkish Airlines at a 1:1 ratio. Points should transfer within a day, but could take longer. Keep in mind that you will need need to call Turkish Airlines directly at 800-874-8875 to book the award but for 12.5k miles, it’s worth calling. But hurry, as of this post there are only two seats left!
It’s worth noting that the award may be gone by the time the Turkish miles are in your account, so you should be willing to accept that risk — however you’ll still be able to use those miles to book award flights on United to Hawaii from just 12,500 miles one-way in first or 7,500 miles in economy.
Using Singapore miles is an option as well, you’ll need just 34,500 miles for a one-way award in first class. You can transfer Citi, Amex and Chase points to Singapore at a 1:1 ratio.
You’ll be flying United’s 767, which unfortunately does not feature the new Polaris seats, between Newark and Honolulu.
To search, head to United and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or call Turkish Airlines.
Cost: 12.5k Turkish miles one-way in business, plus taxes and fees
Dates: Sept. 1
Pay Taxes and Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Honolulu (HNL) for 50k United Miles or 12.5k Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles one-way in business:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Art Wager / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees