Deal alert: JetBlue ‘Monster Sale’ features $31 one-way fares
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated
JetBlue is running a massive sale with fares as low as $31 each way on jetblue.com. Book Wednesday, Oct. 27, through Friday, Oct. 29, to snag low fares on select JetBlue routes, for travel between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16, as part of JetBlue’s online “Monster Sale” just ahead of Halloween.
You can also access these sale fares by calling JetBlue reservations, but note that a $25 booking fee would apply.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Cost: Starting at $31 one-way for select routes.
Dates: Nov. 1-Dec. 16, Thanksgiving week excluded.
Pay with: Frequent JetBlue fliers can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3x on eligible JetBlue purchases or the JetBlue Business Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases. Otherwise, try the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel, The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on flights booked directly with airlines or via American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card for 3x on air travel or the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or via Amex Travel.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This sale excludes some travel dates, including over Thanksgiving (Nov. 20-29) and travel on Fridays and Sundays. Fares are subject to limited availability, meaning they may not be available on all days or all flights. Sale fares do not include taxes and fees.
“The launch of our 2021 ‘Monster Sale’ supports the next phase of our direct distribution strategy, which focuses on driving more direct bookings among leisure travelers looking to reconnect with family, friends and the places they love,” Dave Clark, the vice president of sales and revenue management at JetBlue, said in a statement.
The best way to take advantage of these low fares is by booking through JetBlue directly rather than through a third party. The airline promises one-way flights as low as $31 to and from 31 routes, including:
- Departing from Atlanta (ATL); Austin, Texas (AUS); Chicago (ORD); Cleveland (CLE); Washington, D.C. (DCA); Philadelphia (PHL); Nashville (BNA); and New Orleans (MSY) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL).
- Departing from Boston (BOS) to Washington, D.C. (DCA), Miami (MIA), New York City (JFK), Philadelphia (PHL) and San Antonio (SAT).
- Departing from New York (JFK) to Atlanta (ATL), Miami (MIA), Nashville (BNA) and San Antonio (SAT).
- Departing from New York (LGA) to Denver (DEN) and Jacksonville, Florida (JAX).
- Departing from Los Angeles (LAX) to Las Vegas (LAS) and San Francisco (SFO).
Remember that the sale fares are applicable in either direction, so the same fare price would be listed for ATL to FLL and FLL to ATL, for example.
You’ll note that sale fares are for the lowest class available, either Blue Basic or Blue. Blue Basic only includes one personal item that can fit under the seat in front of you (excluding for Mosaic members) and neither include checked baggage, so factor in an additional $35 for your first bag and $45 for your second should you choose to check bags. Change and cancel fees apply to Basic fares as of Nov. 1, as outlined below.
Booking through the airline directly gives customers the opportunity to find the cheapest deals as part of this sale. You can also earn 2x TrueBlue points when booking on jetblue.com and can participate in Points Pooling to share points with friends and family that never expire and aren’t subject to blackout dates. You can also unlock access to other deals, including on hotels, vacation rentals and car rentals through JetBlue.
Head over to jetblue.com to book your travel now as this sale only lasts two days.
Related: Best credit cards for JetBlue flyers
Featured photo of JetBlue’s inaugural flight from JFK to LHR on Aug. 12 by Chris J. Ratcliffe/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees