How to Get $100 in Saks Fifth Avenue Purchases With Your Amex Platinum
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To The Point
Effective today you can get $100 in statement credits towards Saks Fifth Avenue purchases each year with your Amex Platinum credit card. Read on to learn how to enroll your card and get some ideas of what you can spend your new credit on at Saks…
Of all the rewards earning credit cards we have, the one that offers us the most perks and access is unquestionably the Platinum Card® from American Express. It may also be the one we have with the highest annual fee, but we get our money’s worth with lounge access, up to $200 in annual Uber credits, $200 airline incidental fee credits, and now a brand new statement credit of up to $100 per year at Saks Fifth Avenue!
We (okay, I) spend more than $100 per year at Saks Fifth Avenue, so this is like money in the bank to us. If you associate Saks Fifth Avenue with $4,000 Prada dresses you aren’t wrong, but they offer much more reasonable and affordable items, too. I’ll talk about a few everyday items you could use your Saks statement credits on a bit, but first, let’s get to the details of this new perk.
Get $100 in Saks Fifth Avenue statement credits with Amex Platinum
This new Amex Platinum benefit of up to $100 in annual statement credits for Saks Fifth Avenue kicks off today, July 1, 2018. The credit is available in the form of two $50 statement credits per year. Your first $50 statement credit is available starting today from July 1 – December 31 and your second $50 statement credit is available for Saks purchases from January 1 – June 30 each year. You need to enroll your Amex Platinum Card for this benefit to take effect, so go ahead and take care of that now if you can. The enrollment system is giving us trouble at the moment, but hopefully, that resolves soon.
There is no minimum purchase required to trigger these new statement credits, so you could make a purchase of $50 (or less) once every six months and not owe anything out of pocket once the statement credit posts to your Amex Platinum account. Believe it or not, Saks really does offer items at $50 and less. Their frequent sales drop the prices of all sorts of items to palatable levels, but there are some items that are always below that price point.
What to buy with the new Saks Fifth Avenue Amex Platinum credit
As I highlighted in my ‘Favorite Family Travel Items’, one of my favorite family-friendly items available at Saks and similar retailers are Native Shoes. Here’s a shot of my girls wearing their matching Natives on a recent trip to Denver.
Native Shoes are light-weight, comfortable, durable, you can wear them in the water, and you can squirt them clean when you get home. My girls wear these shoes more than any other type they own, and you can get them at Saks from about $35 per pair.
If you don’t need any kid’s shoes, another item at Saks that can fall under the $50 price point is department store make-up. You will find the same make-up brands at Saks Fifth Avenue as at pretty much every other department store including Estee Lauder, Chanel, Lancome, Clinique, MAC, Kiehl’s, and many more.
You can also sort Saks items by price, so head to their sale section and sort by price to easily find all sorts of items for $50 or less.
Among other limitations, the terms state that this Amex Platinum statement credit is valid at Saks Fifth Avenue online or at locations in the US and US Territories. It is not valid on Saks Fifth Avenue Gift Cards or purchases at outlet locations (in stores and online). Excludes purchases at restaurants located within the store and Online Bill Pay for Saks Credit. Not valid on online purchases shipped outside of the US. Please allow 2-4 weeks after an eligible purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. All that said, as soon as the registration is up and running for our account, I’ll do a test purchase at Saks Off Fifth and for a Saks Fifth Avenue gift card to see if what happens in real life differs from the posted terms and conditions.
Before you head to Saks Fifth Avenue to make a purchase, be sure to shop through a cash back or airline shopping site to rack up some cash back or miles for your purchase, as Saks Fifth Avenue is a fixture in most of those shopping sites and can often be found at 6x – 10x miles per dollar or up to 12% cash back.
What do you plan to pick up at Saks Fifth Avenue with your new Amex Platinum $100 annual statement credit benefit?
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees