You can still fly home for Thanksgiving with Frontier’s 50% sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you still haven’t booked a flight home for Thanksgiving (or just assumed it wasn’t going to happen at all due to expensive airfare) Frontier might be showing its thanks a little early.
On Friday, Nov. 8, Frontier is running a promotion for flights right around the Thanksgiving holiday — you can get 50% off all flights between Nov. 20 and 26, as well as flights on Nov. 28 and Dec 3. Just use promo code THANKS when booking your flight, and don’t wait too long: The deal is only valid for one day and will expire at the end of Nov. 8.
The discount is valid for select nonstop domestic routes, plus nonstop flights between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. The 50% savings is only on the base fare.
Routes: Various domestic routes
Cost: 50% off
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with airlines or via amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Denver (DEN) to Miami (MIA)
Arrive in Miami from Denver first thing in the morning on Thanksgiving day, Nov. 28, for just $100.30. For this same route, the least expensive price you’ll find on other airlines is $214 and that includes a layover. This is a great deal for a nonstop route giving you plenty of time to enjoy your Thanksgiving meal.
Orlando (MCO) to Providence (PVD)
Fly out for Thanksgiving early on Nov. 26 and spend some extra time with the family for only $15! Or, if you can’t take off that much time from work, flights for that route between Orlando and Providence are all reliably inexpensive.
Atlanta (ATL) to Islip (ISP)
If you need to get to Long Island for your Thanksgiving holiday, Long Island MacArthur Airport in Islip is incredibly convenient, and it can help you to avoid all that holiday traffic. Best of all, you can fly the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for just $80.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Keep in mind that Frontier Airlines is a low-cost carrier, which means you’ll have to pay extra for carry-on bags and seat assignments. So, definitely take into consideration those additional fees when comparing the price of a ticket against other airlines. But with fares this low during such a peak travel time, chances are Frontier will beat any competitor pricing for these particular routes.
For travelers who have not flown Frontier before, here are some tips to keep in mind to ensure a smooth travel experience.
Feature photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees