Deal alert: Spend the holidays in Europe for just $292
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Who’s ready to snag some stellar airfare bargains to Europe?
Our friends at Thrifty Traveler have uncovered some greatly discounted deals to Europe through Scandinavian Airlines, a partner of United Airlines and a Star Alliance member. We’re talking about round-trip prices from the U.S. to various cities in Europe for as low as $292!
Even better, the sale prices can be had for travel from November all the way until May of 2022 and there are no not blackout dates for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. There are even some nonstop flights available to destinations such as Stockholm; Copenhagen, Denmark; and Oslo, Norway.
For more TPG news delivered every morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter!
Airline: Scandinavian Airlines.
Routes: LAX/SFO/ORD/EWR/MIA/IAD/BOS to AMS/BER/BGO/CPH/DUB/LHR/ARN, plus more.
Cost: Starting at $292 round-trip for select routes.
Dates: Book for travel between November and May.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
A few examples of the round-trip fares included in this deal are:
- Chicago (ORD) to Dublin (DUB) and Copenhagen (CPH) starting at $297 round-trip.
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris (CDG) and Munich (MUC) starting at $377 round-trip.
- Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) starting at $282 round-trip.
- Miami (MIA) to Dublin (DUB) starting at $292 round-trip.
- San Francisco (SFO) to London (LHR) and Paris (CDG) starting at $338 round-trip.
You know probably know the deal about this type of deal already. These rock-bottom fares are for economy fares. These do include a free carry-on bag, but no seat assignment. Seat assignment starts at $20. One nice touch is that you can book these fares risk-free. SAS is allowing free changes and cancellation for a voucher on these fares.
The best prices we found were for travel to Dublin. You can fly there in January from two major cities, Boston and Miami, for under $300 round-trip.
You probably noticed that the return flights on both itineraries have a long layover. While that’s less than ideal, considering the savings, it’s a small price to pay. Plus, there are much worse airports in Europe to have to spend a long layover in than Copenhagen’s.
We found several heavily discounted fares out of Chicago, including a trip to Copenhagen in March that will only cost you $338 round-trip — with a nonstop departure flight.
You can also fly from Chicago to Hamburg, Germany (HAM), in March for $333 round-trip.
Again, note the long layover in Stockholm (ARN) on the return flight.
Coincidentally, Stockholm is part of the itinerary we found with the best price in the sale for a nonstop trip. You could score a round-trip ticket from Newark to Sweden for just $382, again with no stops.
If you live on the West Coast, you have a few nice trips to ponder. You can book LA to Munich in November for under $400 round-trip, and that includes a free carry-on.
San Francisco to London is an even better deal. A March itinerary will cost you just $338 round-trip.
Again, that price comes with some long layovers, including a 27-hour stop in Copenhagen. You can find other flights with shorter layovers, but that will cost you around $420 per ticket during the sales period. But if you don’t mind taking a quick day trip through Copenhagen, then this itinerary may be just right for you.
How to book
To book any of these deals, simply head to Google Flights and plug in your desired departure and destination cities and use the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you (the cheapest flights will be in green). Then click through to book with the airline directly to make sure you get the maximum amount of flexibility in case you wind up modifying your original travel plans.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on air travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees