Delta award flash sale: US flights from 10k, international from 16k miles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re itching for a cheap spring getaway, Delta is back with another flash award sale with deals within North America and to the Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Asia and more.
We’re seeing Main Cabin prices as low as 10,000 Delta miles round-trip from cities like Seattle (SEA) and Los Angeles (LAX) to various North American destinations, and cheap flights to tropical hotspots like Cancun (CUN) and Nassau (NAS) starting at 18,000 miles round-trip.
There’s no expiration date listed for these deals, so book sooner than later. Even if you don’t see your cities listed, it’s worth checking anyway because often other destinations are on sale.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To search, plug in your departure airport at American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio.along with one of the sale destinations mentioned below. Use Delta’s “Flexible Dates” calendar and be sure to check “shop with miles” before you search. If you find a deal but don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, you can instantly transfer
Routes: Between numerous North American cities and to destinations in the Caribbean, Central America, South America and more — see full list here
Cost: 10,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in Main Cabin, less in basic economy
Dates: March to early June 2020
Pay taxes and fees with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Keep in mind this award sale advertises Main Cabin pricing, but on many routes you can book Delta basic economy for even fewer miles.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York-JFK to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) for 19,000 SkyMiles + $86 in Main Cabin (14,000 miles round-trip in basic economy):
Austin (AUS) to Cancun (CUN) for 16,000 SkyMiles + $93 round-trip in Main Cabin (10,000 miles round-trip in basic economy):
Nashville (BNA) to Nassau (NAS) for 16,000 SkyMiles + $121 round-trip in Main Cabin (12,000 miles round-trip in basic economy):
Los Angeles to Calgary (YYC) for 19,000 SkyMiles + $61 round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin (14,000 miles round-trip in basic economy):
New York-JFK to Paris (CDG) for 26,000 SkyMiles + $84 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Seattle to Los Angeles for 10,000 SkyMiles + $11 round-trip in Main Cabin (9,000 miles round-trip in basic economy):
Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Bogota (BOG) for 24,000 SkyMiles + $83 round-trip in Main Cabin (18,000 miles round-trip in basic economy):
Seattle to Seoul (ICN) for 34,000 SkyMiles + $46 round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Earn more Delta SkyMiles
There are lots of ways to earn Delta miles, but one of the best ways to quickly boost your SkyMiles balance is by adding one of these cards to your wallet (terms apply):
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 75,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first six months of account opening, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first three months (offer subject to change at any time). You can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles. Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 125,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card ($99 annual fee; waived the first year, see rates and fees); Earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on and up to $50 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants within your first 3 months of account opening.
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card ($250 annual fee; see rates and fees); Earn 50,000 bonus miles, plus 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases and up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants within the first three months of account opening.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card ($550 annual fee; see rates and fees); Earn 50,000 bonus miles, plus 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases and up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants within the first three months of account opening.
- Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card ($0 annual fee; see rates and fees); Earn 10,000 miles after you spend $500 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles Blue Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles Gold Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card, please click here.
Featured photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.