Deal Alert: Nonstop Flights to London From $315 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
London is one of the most popular tourism destinations in the world for Americans. And that’s for good reason. While culturally and linguistically a bit different, it’s a very approachable place for Americans to visit — especially if you haven’t traveled overseas much. But even those of us that have traveled extensively have plenty to love about the culturally-rich destination.
And now, you can fly there nonstop for cheap on low-cost carrier Norwegian or a full-service carrier like United, Delta or Virgin Atlantic.
Whether you’re flying Norwegian or one of the legacy carriers, all of these tickets are in booking into a version of “basic economy” ticket. For all but United, that means you can bring a carry-on bag for free. Meanwhile on all but Norwegian, you can expect a free meal on-board. For all of these tickets, you’ll have to pay for a checked bag.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Norwegian, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Delta, United
Routes: BOS/JFK/MIA/ORD/EWR/MCO/AUS to LGW/LHR
Cost: $315+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: March-May, August-January 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $315 round-trip ($135 outbound + $180 return) nonstop on Norwegian in March:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $332 round-trip ($139 outbound + $193 return) nonstop on Norwegian in March:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $339 round-trip ($139 outbound + $200 return) nonstop on Norwegian in May:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to London Heathrow (LHR), return from London Gatwick (LGW) for $342 round-trip nonstop on British Airways:
Miami (MIA) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $350 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian in April:
Chicago O’Hare (ORD) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $365 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian in April [$342 booked separately]:
Boston (BOS) to London Heathrow (LHR) for $368 round-trip nonstop on Virgin Atlantic in May:
Boston (BOS) to London Heathrow (LHR) for $368 round-trip nonstop on Delta in May:
Newark (EWR) to London Heathrow (LHR) for $383 round-trip nonstop on United in May/June:
Orlando (MCO) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $400 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian in April [$387 booked separately]:
Chicago O’Hare (ORD) to London Heathrow (LHR) for $405 round-trip nonstop on United in April:
Austin (AUS) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $425 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian in April [$399 booked separately]:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by TangMan Photography
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees