Deal Alert: Frontier Offering 2-For-1 Fares and $19 Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Again?! Ultra-low-cost carrier Frontier is back with its Friends Fly Free promotion and $19 introductory one-way fares. This latest promo comes less than a week after Frontier offered insanely low $15 one-way fares as part of its new service from Newark International Airport (EWR).
Now until the end of Sunday, Sept. 1, Frontier is offering one-way fares from $19 on select routes. The 2-for-1 fares deal ends October 1. Anyone can take advantage of the $19 one-way fares, however, to receive 2-for-1 fares on qualifying routes you must be a member of Frontier’s discount club, Discount Den. Discount Den is an annual membership that allows members to access the least expensive fares and take advantage of Frontier’s ongoing Kids Fly Free program. An annual Discount Den membership costs $60.
Both the $19 one-way fares and 2-for-1 fares are only available on select routes. $19 fares are available on travel dates beginning October 6, 2019. Additionally, there are a few blackout dates during which neither offer is available. 2-for-1 fares available with the Friends Fly Free promo feature blackout dates that vary by route. Here are the blackout dates during which $19 fares are not available:
- Nov. 22 — Dec. 2, 2019
- Dec. 20 — Jan. 6, 2020
If you plan on taking advantage of this promotion, note that Frontier’s fares do not include checked luggage, carry-on bag or seat assignment. The only thing included in fares offered by Frontier is a personal item. All other services and add-ons will only be available for a fee.
Routes: Various (see promo)
Cost: $19+ one-way
Dates: Beginning September 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Tampa (TPA) for $19 one-way + nonstop:
Chicago (ORD) to Branson, MO (BKG) for $19 one-way + nonstop:
Austin (AUS) to New Orleans (MSY) for $19 one-way + nonstop:
Raleigh-Durham (RDU) to West Palm Beach (PBI) for $19 one-way + nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $19 one-way + nonstop:
2-for-1 from St. Louis (STL) to Denver (DEN) for $34 one-way + nonstop:
2-for-1 fare from Newark (EWR) to Phoenix (PHX) for $59 one-way + nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). For more, check out our post on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by robertcicchetti / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees