Deal Alert: Flights to Europe From $340 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
For many, it’s still far too early to start planning your summer travels. But, putting off your summer travel plans could result in having to pay insanely high prices for flights to and from your preferred destination. This is especially true of flights between the United States and Europe. Luckily, we’re seeing quite a few deals to popular cities in Europe extending into June.
These low fares are available from major US cities to popular cities in Europe such as London and Paris, available in the early spring months into summer. Late March and early April appear to offer the most availability. Still, fares are available starting late February and trail into June. These less than-$400 round-trip fares are currently available through popular Oneworld and Star Alliance carriers including American and United.
If you manage to find a deal that works with your wallet and schedule, make sure you don’t miss out on what your destination has to offer. Check out Get Your Guide’s list of best activities in popular cities throughout Europe.
To search for these fares, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book. Most of these fares are available directly through the airline, however, some fares may only be available through OTAs like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Swiss, TAP Air Portugal, United
Routes: BOS/EWR/JFK/ZFV/LAX/SFO/ORD to BCN/CDG/CPH/DUB/FCO/LON/OSL/ZRH
Cost: $336+ round-trip
Travel Dates: March – June 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York City (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $341 round-trip on American Airlines in April:
New York City (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for $357 round-trip on American Airlines in May:
Newark (EWR) to Dublin (DUB) for $391 round-trip on TAP Air Portugal in April:
Chicago (ORD) to Oslo (OSL) for $387 round-trip on Swiss in April:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona (BCN) for $356 round-trip on American Airlines in April, May:
Boston (BOS) to London-Gatwick (LGW) for $363 round-trip on American Airlines, British Airways in May:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Joe Daniel Price/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.