Deal Alert: Flights to Europe From $340 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
For many, it’s still far too early to start planning your summer travels. But, putting off your summer travel plans could result in having to pay insanely high prices for flights to and from your preferred destination. This is especially true of flights between the United States and Europe. Luckily, we’re seeing quite a few deals to popular cities in Europe extending into June.
These low fares are available from major US cities to popular cities in Europe such as London and Paris, available in the early spring months into summer. Late March and early April appear to offer the most availability. Still, fares are available starting late February and trail into June. These less than-$400 round-trip fares are currently available through popular Oneworld and Star Alliance carriers including American and United.
If you manage to find a deal that works with your wallet and schedule, make sure you don’t miss out on what your destination has to offer. Check out Get Your Guide’s list of best activities in popular cities throughout Europe.
To search for these fares, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book. Most of these fares are available directly through the airline, however, some fares may only be available through OTAs like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Swiss, TAP Air Portugal, United
Routes: BOS/EWR/JFK/ZFV/LAX/SFO/ORD to BCN/CDG/CPH/DUB/FCO/LON/OSL/ZRH
Cost: $336+ round-trip
Travel Dates: March – June 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York City (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $341 round-trip on American Airlines in April:
New York City (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for $357 round-trip on American Airlines in May:
Newark (EWR) to Dublin (DUB) for $391 round-trip on TAP Air Portugal in April:
Chicago (ORD) to Oslo (OSL) for $387 round-trip on Swiss in April:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona (BCN) for $356 round-trip on American Airlines in April, May:
Boston (BOS) to London-Gatwick (LGW) for $363 round-trip on American Airlines, British Airways in May:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Joe Daniel Price/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees