Amazing Deal Alert: Nonstop Flights to Hawaii From $247 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
While there have been some great deals to Hawaii recently, today we’re seeing perhaps the cheapest non-mistake fares ever — $247 for round-trip nonstop flights. The cheapest flights are to Lihue, Kauai (LIH), and Kona, Hawaii (KOA). Both destinations received rains from Hurricane Lane but received minimal damage. Plus, the Kilauea volcano’s lava stopped flowing weeks ago.
If you’re willing to pay a little more, there are nonstop flights up and down the West Coast to all four major Hawaiian airports for under $360 round-trip.
Airlines: Delta, Alaska, American, Sun Country
Routes: LAX/SEA/SAN/SJC/PHX/SFO/PDX to LIH/KOA/OGG/HNL
Cost: $247+ round-trip nonstop in economy
Dates: Flights under $250 in September 2018. Others in September-December
Booking Link: Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Lihue (LIH) for $247 round-trip nonstop in September on Delta Basic Economy:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kona (KOA) for $247 round-trip nonstop in September on Delta Basic Economy:
Seattle (SEA) to Lihue (LIH) for $247 round-trip nonstop in September on Delta Basic Economy:
Seattle (SEA) to Kona (KOA) for $247 round-trip nonstop in September on Delta Basic Economy:
San Diego (SAN) to Kahului (OGG) for $337 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
San Jose (SJC) to Honolulu (HNL) for $337 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
Phoenix (PHX) to Kahului (OGG) for $355 round-trip nonstop on American Airlines:
San Francisco (SFO) to Kahului (OGG) for $357 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
Portland (PDX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $359 round-trip nonstop on Sun Country:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by James R.D. Scott / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees