Colombia deal alert: Fly nonstop to Cartagena for under $200
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We think the immense beauty of Colombia is irresistible, so we always pounce when we see an opportunity to travel there. Right now, there’s a great sale happening on flights to Cartagena that we feel compelled to let you know about. From its historic Walled City to the beaches, music and food, there are countless reasons to want to visit this popular destination.
Here’s another one. You can fly there now nonstop for less than $200 from cities such as Miami and Fort Lauderdale. You can also score sweet savings on flights departing from NYC, Austin, Cleveland and Nashville.
Want your travel news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for TPG’s daily newsletter.
We first heard about these discounted fares thanks to our friends at Scott’s Cheap Flights, who sent this deal to their premium subscribers. The premium subscription to the newsletter on discounted fares is $49 per year and elite membership costs $199 annually.
Nonmembers can find sale prices by using Google Flights to search for desired routes and dates.
As is usually the case with these flight deals, the best prices are for economy flights. That typically means you may only get to bring a carry-on bag without extra fees and you may not get to pick your seat. We always recommend maximum flexibility with your travel plans to be able to take best advantage of these cut-rate fares.
Airlines: American, Avianca, JetBlue, Spirit and United
Routes: ATL/CLE/EWR/FLL/JFK/MIA/PHL/ to Cartagena, Colombia (CTG)
Cost: Flights available from $199; many nonstops available
Dates: Best fares found for travel March — June
Let’s start off with a fabulous fare from Miami (MIA) to Cartagena (CTG) in May for just $199 nonstop. This is for American’s basic economy, so there’s no seat selection. But you do get to bring a carry-on for free. This fare price is almost half off normal prices we see for this itinerary.
Lots of good deals to Cartagena from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) as well. Spirit Airlines has $169 nonstop fares available in April and May. That’s an excellent price, but keep in mind with Spirit a carry-on bag will cost you $75 extra and a checked bag $63.
JetBlue has round-trip fares from Cleveland (CLE) to Colombia in April for $335. That’s an excellent price for spring travel. It’s a Blue Basic ticket, so keep in mind you don’t get a free carry-on. Your first checked bag costs you $60.
Chicago (ORD) to Cartagena is also available on JetBlue in May for only $326. Again, it’s the carrier’s no-frills tier so be aware of the fees for checked bags.
There are scores of discounted fares to Colombia from New York City. The best we found was this economy nonstop ticket at the end of March departing from Kennedy (JFK) on Avianca for just $184. It’s an overnight departure, but at that price it may be worth the early wake-up call.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: Don’t forget to use a card that earns points on airfare purchases like The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3 points per dollar on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Roman Diachkin, EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees