Antigua deal alert: Fly from NYC, Boston or Philadelphia from $232 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We come across lots of deal alerts here at TPG, especially for winter travel. Most sales don’t include Christmas and New Year’s Eve, so when we see discounted fares for a beautiful destination like Antigua that includes the holidays, we pay extra attention.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter
This deal offers peak season availability at prices that are discounted more than 50% from destinations like Baltimore, New York City and Philadelphia. So if you live on the east coast and the idea of ringing in the new year on a beach in the Caribbean appeals to you, it’s time to start booking flights.
JetBlue fares are for Main Cabin which includes carry-on and seat assignment. American and Delta tickets are Basic Economy. Availability varies, but the best prices we found for most of these cities were for January travel.
Thanks to the good folks at Thrifty Traveler for alerting us to this deal, which they first sent out to their premium subscribers. Non-members can find sale prices by using Google Flights to search for desired routes and dates.
Airlines: American, Delta, JetBlue,
Routes: BOS/BWI/EWR/JFK/PHL to Antigua (ANU)
Cost: Flights available from $232
Dates: Now-October 2022; availability varies by city but best in January-February.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Baltimore (BWI) to Antigua (ANU) fares in January can be found for just $343 round-trip. That’s a steep discount from normal pricing. It’s for American’s Basic Economy tier, which comes with a carry-on bag.
Here’s another January bargain, Boston (BOS) to Antigua for $319 round-trip.
As we mentioned above, January had the most availability and the cheapest prices we found on our search. Here’s a JFK to Antigua nonstop ticket for only $238. Is there a better way for dealing with the post-holiday hangover in New York City than by taking a holiday to the Caribbean?
We did find several bargain fares departing from New York City in February, including this long weekend trip for $243 round-trip on American.
The biggest price markdowns we found, by far, were out of Philadelphia (PHL). We came across round-trip Basic Economy fares for just $232 in January. Normally that itinerary is as high as $700, so it’s a huge drop in price.
We found more $232 round-trip fares in February for PHL-ANU.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, like The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
Antigua is one of the treasures of the Leeward Islands, and one that is typically in high demand during the winter months for its comfortable climate and natural beauty. The island is open for tourists. Keep in mind that as of December 15, all incoming passengers must show proof that they’re fully vaccinated and a negative PCR test result taken no later than three days prior to arrival. Officials are suspending the acceptance of rapid antigen tests, so make sure you take the right test.
The island is also making some concessions so visitors can enjoy some local activities. The Health and Tourism Authorities “have certified a number of leisure activities, to ensure that visitors experience them in a safe manner,” according to a statement on the official Antigua website.
Featured Image: Roberto Moiola/ysaworld for Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees