This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is having a two-for-one roomette sale for one-way trips between Jan. 7, 2019 and May 23, 2019. Discounted fares are available from Tuesday, Dec. 4 to Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018. These Amtrak roomettes offer passengers a private space during their journey equipped with panoramic windows, two seats that convert into beds, free meals, access to showers and a variety of other amenities.
Routes available in this promotion include trains to and from Washington DC, Chicago, New York, Orlando, Los Angeles and more from as low as $269. That means the per-person cost starts at just $135 since you’ll be getting a room with two beds.
To access this promotion, book here. Below are some of the rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes apply.
Routes: California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Service, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, and the Texas Eagle.
Cost: From $269 round-trip
Book by: Dec. 4, 2018
Travel Dates: Jan. 7, 2019 and May 23, 2019
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Chicago, IL (CHI) to New Orleans, LA (NOL) for $269 one-way:
Washington D.C. (WAS) to Chicago, IL (CHI) for $275 one-way:
New York, NY (NYP) to Chicago, IL (CHI) for $344 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image by Jeffrey Greenberg/UIG via Getty Images
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards