Deal Alert: Amtrak 2-For-1 Roomette Sale From $269 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is having a two-for-one roomette sale for one-way trips between Jan. 7, 2019 and May 23, 2019. Discounted fares are available from Tuesday, Dec. 4 to Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018. These Amtrak roomettes offer passengers a private space during their journey equipped with panoramic windows, two seats that convert into beds, free meals, access to showers and a variety of other amenities.
Routes available in this promotion include trains to and from Washington DC, Chicago, New York, Orlando, Los Angeles and more from as low as $269. That means the per-person cost starts at just $135 since you’ll be getting a room with two beds.
To access this promotion, book here. Below are some of the rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes apply.
Routes: California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Service, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, and the Texas Eagle.
Cost: From $269 round-trip
Book by: Dec. 4, 2018
Travel Dates: Jan. 7, 2019 and May 23, 2019
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Chicago, IL (CHI) to New Orleans, LA (NOL) for $269 one-way:
Washington D.C. (WAS) to Chicago, IL (CHI) for $275 one-way:
New York, NY (NYP) to Chicago, IL (CHI) for $344 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image by Jeffrey Greenberg/UIG via Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.