Deal Alert: Amtrak 2-For-1 Roomette Sale From $269 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is having a two-for-one roomette sale for one-way trips between Jan. 7, 2019 and May 23, 2019. Discounted fares are available from Tuesday, Dec. 4 to Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018. These Amtrak roomettes offer passengers a private space during their journey equipped with panoramic windows, two seats that convert into beds, free meals, access to showers and a variety of other amenities.
Routes available in this promotion include trains to and from Washington DC, Chicago, New York, Orlando, Los Angeles and more from as low as $269. That means the per-person cost starts at just $135 since you’ll be getting a room with two beds.
To access this promotion, book here. Below are some of the rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes apply.
Routes: California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Service, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, and the Texas Eagle.
Cost: From $269 round-trip
Book by: Dec. 4, 2018
Travel Dates: Jan. 7, 2019 and May 23, 2019
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Chicago, IL (CHI) to New Orleans, LA (NOL) for $269 one-way:
Washington D.C. (WAS) to Chicago, IL (CHI) for $275 one-way:
New York, NY (NYP) to Chicago, IL (CHI) for $344 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image by Jeffrey Greenberg/UIG via Getty Images
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee