Get up to 60% off long-distance Amtrak routes with tickets starting at $29
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is back with a three-day nationwide flash sale on long-distance routes, where you can save up to 60% on your ticket. From now until Nov. 7, Amtrak tickets have dropped to $29 one-way for holiday travel any time between Nov. 11 to Nov. 24.
We’re seeing several deals on popular long-distance routes, including New York City – Miami Silver Service and the Auto Train from Lorton, Virginia to Sanford, Florida. We’re even seeing deals from the East Coast to the West Coast for around $100 one-way.
The promotion is valid for adult coach seats only and no upgrades are allowed. This offer can’t be combined with any other discount offer. Once purchased, tickets are nonrefundable. Exchanges are permitted, however, a 25% cancellation fee applies.
To access these deals, head to Amtrak.com. Space is limited and subject to availability. Tickets are nonrefundable, but exchanges are permitted prior to departure.
Routes: All long-distance trains except between New York and Richmond, Virginia and within
Cost: $29+ one-way
Book by: Nov. 7
Travel Dates: Nov. 11 – Nov. 24
Restrictions: Prices can’t be combined with other discount codes. Upgrades to business class are not permitted, and this offer is only valid for coach seats. Space is limited as sale prices are not available on all trains or at all times. Once purchased, tickets are nonrefundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25% cancellation fee applies. Other restrictions may also apply.
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles to Albuquerque, New Mexico for $29 one-way:
Washington, D.C. to Cleveland for $29 one-way:
Seattle to Sacramento for $39 one-way:
Dallas to Chicago for $49 one-way:
New York to Miami for $59 one-way:
Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles for $108 one-way:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Archive Photos/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees