Get up to 60% off long-distance Amtrak routes with tickets starting at $29
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is back with a three-day nationwide flash sale on long-distance routes, where you can save up to 60% on your ticket. From now until Nov. 7, Amtrak tickets have dropped to $29 one-way for holiday travel any time between Nov. 11 to Nov. 24.
We’re seeing several deals on popular long-distance routes, including New York City – Miami Silver Service and the Auto Train from Lorton, Virginia to Sanford, Florida. We’re even seeing deals from the East Coast to the West Coast for around $100 one-way.
The promotion is valid for adult coach seats only and no upgrades are allowed. This offer can’t be combined with any other discount offer. Once purchased, tickets are nonrefundable. Exchanges are permitted, however, a 25% cancellation fee applies.
To access these deals, head to Amtrak.com. Space is limited and subject to availability. Tickets are nonrefundable, but exchanges are permitted prior to departure.
Routes: All long-distance trains except between New York and Richmond, Virginia and within
Cost: $29+ one-way
Book by: Nov. 7
Travel Dates: Nov. 11 – Nov. 24
Restrictions: Prices can’t be combined with other discount codes. Upgrades to business class are not permitted, and this offer is only valid for coach seats. Space is limited as sale prices are not available on all trains or at all times. Once purchased, tickets are nonrefundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25% cancellation fee applies. Other restrictions may also apply.
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles to Albuquerque, New Mexico for $29 one-way:
Washington, D.C. to Cleveland for $29 one-way:
Seattle to Sacramento for $39 one-way:
Dallas to Chicago for $49 one-way:
New York to Miami for $59 one-way:
Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles for $108 one-way:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Archive Photos/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.