Deal alert: Flights to Hawaii, California, New York and more just dropped to $20 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines has expanded its sale, with destinations beginning at just $20 one way on short-haul flights and many other routes from $49 one-way. While most dates are discounted, the lowest rates fall on select Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The airline is also offering flexible travel options on tickets purchased before March 31. This also applies to Saver fares, which usually do not permit changes or cancellations (read here for additional details).
To find the best rates, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities, then scroll through the calendar function to find your dates and prices. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an online travel agency, like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: Most routes that Alaska operates, including between California and Hawaii, Florida, Texas and more
Cost: From $20 one-way (Saver) or $29 one-way (Main) on short-haul flights
Dates: March to May 2020
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare immediately after earning your $300 annual travel credit), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of flights you can book:
San Diego (SAN) to Monterey (MRY) for $48 one-way in Saver:
Portland (PDX) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $58 one-way in Saver:
Portland (PDX) to Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) for $88 one way in Saver:
New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) for $98 one-way in Saver:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to maximizing airfare purchases for more details.
You could also use the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card to earn 3 miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. It’s a good time to consider the card because it’s currently offering 40,000 bonus miles plus Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22) with this online offer. To qualify, make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account. Be sure to check out our post on maximizing Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles.
Featured photo of Maui, Hawaii by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Updated on 6/8/21
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees