Best for Alaska Airlines loyalists
Alaska Airlines only offers one consumer credit card for its loyal travelers. With a low $95 annual fee, the Alaska Airlines Visa credit card is a no-brainer for those who frequently fly with the Seattle-based carrier.
At a glance
- 3X Earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases.
- 2X New! Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on eligible gas, cable, streaming services and local transit including ride share purchases.
- 1X Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Limited Time Online Offer – 70,000 Bonus Miles!
- Get 70,000 bonus miles plus Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ from $122 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23) with this offer. To qualify, make $3,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.
There are lots of reasons to love the Alaska Airlines Visa Credit Card, from the free checked bag for you and up to six guests on your reservation, the annual companion certificate and more. Best of all, Alaska Airlines miles are some of the most valuable airline currencies out there thanks to its broad array of partner award options.
- Limited Time Online offer-70,000 bonus miles plus Alaska's Famous Companion; from $122 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23) with this offer. To qualify, make $3,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Free checked bag for you and up to six guests on your reservation.
- Alaska discounts, like 20% back on in-flight purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- $95 annual fee.
Who is this card good for?
Anyone who prefers Alaska Airlines as their carrier of choice should apply for this card to improve their flying experience for airline-specific benefits. This card is also a great match for those who want to collect Alaska Airlines miles to unlock business- and first-class award flights for a low redemption rate.
Earn 3 miles for every dollar spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases, 2 miles per dollar on gas, local transit, ride-sharing, cable and some streaming services and 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Alaska Airlines Visa Credit Card worth it?
While the card doesn’t offer the best earning rates on everyday purchases, it’s quite rewarding for those who purchase lots of Alaska Airlines flights throughout the year. Not to mention, the card is worth keeping for its other ongoing perks such as the annual Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare from $122 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23) after you spend $6,000 or more on purchases within the prior anniversary year, and 20% back on all Alaska inflight purchases.
How do I redeem miles with the Alaska Airlines Visa Credit Card?
You’ll earn points through the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program, which offers valuable redemption options on Oneworld alliance carriers and non-alliance partners like LATAM and Icelandair. To redeem your miles, you’ll just need to search with miles on Alaska’s website to find award availability.