This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that frequent fliers have a thing for smart-looking luggage; it’s an extension of who they are, of course. In the case of Away, the two-year-old direct-to-consumer company launched with a Carry-On that soon became an essential of stylish (and budget-conscious) jet-setters everywhere who favored Away’s clean design and friendly price points. Today, the company introduced the Aluminum Edition in four sizes; the exterior shell is made of anodized aluminum (currently in silver with a brushed finish) which is unbreakable — ideal for travels who like to look good and travel hard.
Said Away in a press release: “Over time the surface will start to show the marks of your time together; these dents, scuffs, and scrapes are a record of your travel history— the more you travel, the more stories you (and your suitcase) will have to tell.”
Away’s Carry-Ons have an (ejectable battery) for easy charging, and all sizes have TSA-approved locks, self-positioning handles, reinforced corners, Hinomoto wheels and a pocketed interior with a compression pad for extra packing space. The suitcases are priced under $600 — The Carry-On: Aluminum Edition $475; The Bigger Carry-On: Aluminum Edition $495; The Medium: Aluminum Edition $575; The Large: Aluminum Edition $595 — and are available starting today, March 15, 2018. All products come with a 100-day trial period, so dubious travelers can test-drive the product before fully committing.
Not only is Away rolling out two more luggage launches later this month — details to follow — but they’re expanding into the lifestyle space even further with a digital magazine and podcast. No doubt, Away’s founders (two former execs from Warby Parker) are keeping busy (in-between seeing the world).
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees