This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that frequent fliers have a thing for smart-looking luggage; it’s an extension of who they are, of course. In the case of Away, the two-year-old direct-to-consumer company launched with a Carry-On that soon became an essential of stylish (and budget-conscious) jet-setters everywhere who favored Away’s clean design and friendly price points. Today, the company introduced the Aluminum Edition in four sizes; the exterior shell is made of anodized aluminum (currently in silver with a brushed finish) which is unbreakable — ideal for travels who like to look good and travel hard.
Said Away in a press release: “Over time the surface will start to show the marks of your time together; these dents, scuffs, and scrapes are a record of your travel history— the more you travel, the more stories you (and your suitcase) will have to tell.”
Away’s Carry-Ons have an (ejectable battery) for easy charging, and all sizes have TSA-approved locks, self-positioning handles, reinforced corners, Hinomoto wheels and a pocketed interior with a compression pad for extra packing space. The suitcases are priced under $600 — The Carry-On: Aluminum Edition $475; The Bigger Carry-On: Aluminum Edition $495; The Medium: Aluminum Edition $575; The Large: Aluminum Edition $595 — and are available starting today, March 15, 2018. All products come with a 100-day trial period, so dubious travelers can test-drive the product before fully committing.
Not only is Away rolling out two more luggage launches later this month — details to follow — but they’re expanding into the lifestyle space even further with a digital magazine and podcast. No doubt, Away’s founders (two former execs from Warby Parker) are keeping busy (in-between seeing the world).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees