Away launches new aluminum luggage collection
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new color information. It was originally published on Aug. 28, 2018.
It’s no secret that frequent fliers have a thing for smart-looking luggage; it’s an extension of who they are.
Since Away first launched five years ago, the minimalist luggage has become popular with those who like to travel in style. Amex even added a temporary $100 credit towards Away as part of the Green Card’s annual perks that just recently ended.
Today, Away introduced a new aluminum collection in four metallic colors — silver, onyx, gold and rose gold. The exterior shell is made of anodized aluminum, which is unbreakable — ideal for travelers who like to look good and travel hard.
Away’s carry-ons have an ejectable battery for easy charging and removal. All sizes have TSA-approved locks, self-positioning handles, reinforced corners, 360° spinner wheels and a pocketed interior with a compression pad for extra packing space. They can also be personalized with up to three initials.
The suitcases are priced as follows:
- The Carry-On: Aluminum Edition, $475
- The Bigger Carry-On: Aluminum Edition, $495
- The Medium: Aluminum Edition, $575
- The Large: Aluminum Edition, $595
All products come with a 100-day trial period, so travelers can test drive the product before fully committing.
Original reporting by Cindy Augustine.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.