Away launches new aluminum luggage collection
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new color information. It was originally published on Aug. 28, 2018.
It’s no secret that frequent fliers have a thing for smart-looking luggage; it’s an extension of who they are.
Since Away first launched five years ago, the minimalist luggage has become popular with those who like to travel in style. Amex even added a temporary $100 credit towards Away as part of the Green Card’s annual perks that just recently ended.
Today, Away introduced a new aluminum collection in four metallic colors — silver, onyx, gold and rose gold. The exterior shell is made of anodized aluminum, which is unbreakable — ideal for travelers who like to look good and travel hard.
Away’s carry-ons have an ejectable battery for easy charging and removal. All sizes have TSA-approved locks, self-positioning handles, reinforced corners, 360° spinner wheels and a pocketed interior with a compression pad for extra packing space. They can also be personalized with up to three initials.
The suitcases are priced as follows:
- The Carry-On: Aluminum Edition, $475
- The Bigger Carry-On: Aluminum Edition, $495
- The Medium: Aluminum Edition, $575
- The Large: Aluminum Edition, $595
All products come with a 100-day trial period, so travelers can test drive the product before fully committing.
Original reporting by Cindy Augustine.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees