One More 787 Operator Debuts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bahrain’s national carrier, Gulf Air, has an order for 16 Dreamliners, the first five of which it’s going to take delivery of in 2018, with the first of that batch scheduled to be delivered in April. On Monday, the carrier announced its first destination for its new 787-9: London.
Beginning June 15, 2018, the carrier is set to launch 2x daily service between Bahrain (BAH) and London (LHR). As reported by AirlineRoute, here’s the operational schedule on the BAH-LHR route:
- GF007 Bahrain (BAH) 1:15am Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 6:25am Arrival
- GF003 Bahrain (BAH) 10:10am Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 3:20pm Arrival
- GF002 London (LHR) 10:00am Departure ⇒ Bahrain (BAH) 6:35pm Arrival
- GF006 London (LHR) 10:05pm Departure ⇒ Bahrain (BAH) 6:40am (+1) Arrival
As reported by One Mile at a Time, Gulf Air’s Dreamliners will offer two cabins: economy and business. The business-class cabin will offer 26 seats in a 2-2-2 configuration, but there’s no clue as to what particular kind of seats the aircraft will be outfitted with. But, based on the fact that the site show’s they’ll be arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration, they’ll likely be forward-facing.
As for the other 11 Dreamliners, Gulf Air expects to take delivery of them through 2024. Because the delivery is so spread out, there’s the possibility that Gulf Air could expand its long-haul operations even farther. Currently, the carrier operates a fleet of A330s on its long-haul routes, though its network isn’t very large currrently. The more fuel-efficient Dreamliners will eventually replace the A330s on its long-haul service.
If you’re interested in testing out the new Dreamliner with Gulf Air, the carrier is still a parter of American Airlines — but only through April 30, 2018. So, you can search for award availability via ExpertFlyer and then call into AAdvantage to book, as Gulf Air awards don’t show on AA’s site. On a few quick searches, there seems to be plenty of availability. Based on AA’s partner award chart, you’ll pay 20,000 AA miles one-way in economy or 42,500 one-way in business.
Featured image by Boeing.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees