What TPG Readers Do With Their Leftover Amenity Kits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Justin Jordan uses his leftover amenity kits to stash excess cords.
“Don’t get to fly first class but when I visited my parents last year I found that my father, who travels a bunch, passes his amenity kits from first class to less fortunate individuals he encounters living in downtown Chicago. It was such a great #prouddaughter moment,” says Hannah Wulczyn.
“Totally save them and stock up on #earplugs #eyemasks and occasionally comfy house/hotel/long haul flight slippers,” says Albert Lin. “I can also neither confirm nor deny I occasionally ‘liberate’ & snag an unused extra pair of slippers or amenity kits from first/business class as I disembark.”
Noah Rattner uses a larger amenity kit to store his tech products.
Amenity kits double as storage for unused batteries for Bryan C. Solis.
And then, of course, there’s the obvious tactic: “Keep them and use them often. One in purse, one in car, gym bag,” says Elizabeth Marquart.
Feature photo by nadisja / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.